Women's hockey GDT: Canada vs Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

2 miracles on one day are not likley. I consider the finns better than sweden offensivley, but they dont have a Kim Martin :bow:

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
I'm gonna have to root for Finland, partly because they are the underdogs, but mostly because we might get the gold then! And yeah, minus the goaltending, Finland probably better than Sweden. At least from what I've seen. :handclap:

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Dogbert said:
Simply put, they need to allow the women to bodycheck.

Agree! there are lot of contact that is borderline checks anyway.. and I don't see why it'd hurt them to check. They are not made of glass.

Ross MacLochness

Aug 12, 2004
Toronto
The interference call on Finland was probably one of the worst calls I have seen in my life watching hockey.

I'm not to sure on women's rules, but she looks at the puck coming near her, swipes at it to clear it out of the zone and misses, gets completely smoked by a Canadian player, gets 2 minutes in the box.

Dogbert*

Sam Losco said:
The interference call on Finland was probably one of the worst calls I have seen in my life watching hockey.

I'm not to sure on women's rules, but she looks at the puck coming near her, swipes at it to clear it out of the zone and misses, gets completely smoked by a Canadian player, gets 2 minutes in the box.

I agree. The same thing happened to Chris Pronger in the Germany game.

Dogbert*

What's with all of these chintzy ******** calls? Who do these guys think they are, NHL refs?

Dogbert*

Weatherston is allowed to come out from behind the net, and wires one over the Finnish goalie's shoulder. 1-0 Canada.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
GuloGulo said:
Agree! there are lot of contact that is borderline checks anyway.. and I don't see why it'd hurt them to check. They are not made of glass.

In a checking game the Canadians would have an even greater advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad