Womens hockey - Canada and Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figgles*

You know things aren't going too well when a goalie makes 38 saves through 2 periods and gets pulled.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I am sure that if we assembled an allstar team of HFboards poster we would destroy the Italian team and do well against the Canadians if we play a gritty physical game.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
I find it funny when the announcers say what an unselfish play that was by the canadians while on the other hand run the score up.

Vic Rattlehead*

For people who don't care about a certain event at the Olypmics, why are you posting here?

Vic Rattlehead*

Slitty said:
I am sure that if we assembled an allstar team of HFboards poster we would destroy the Italian team and do well against the Canadians if we play a gritty physical game.

You're wrong about the Canadian team. They are skilled and would probably destroy the HFBoards all-star team.

Yes, I prefer mens hockey, but I know enough to respect the talent that women have. I'm not going to be ignorant.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
This game is a good indication of why they cannot allow bodychecking in women's hockey yet. It would be fine in a Canada-USA game, but I'm scared some of these Italian girls are going to get hurt playing against Canada even without bodychecking...

Crossroads*

Puck33 said:
I find it funny when the announcers say what an unselfish play that was by the canadians while on the other hand run the score up.

How many goals scored for and against matter in determining home ice advantage for the Gold Medal game. I'm sure you'd have a point if they never counted, though.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
19bruins19 said:
You're wrong about the Canadian team. They are skilled and would probably destroy the HFBoards all-star team.

Yes, I prefer mens hockey, but I know enough to respect the talent that women have. I'm not going to be ignorant.

Most HFboards posters are current or former hockey players, some of which play/played at a high level. Im sorry, but we would have the ability to hang in with the Canadians as long as we play with grit and dominate physically.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
Crossroads said:
How many goals scored for and against matter in determining home ice advantage for the Gold Medal game. I'm sure you'd have a point if they never counted, though.

The gold metal game will be played in italy reguardless.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
19bruins19 said:

I'm pretty sure you can find 15-20 posters here who have played Junoir or even midget AAA.

With that level of skill, the women's team would have no chance. And I'm not kidding.

Vic Rattlehead*

Slitty said:
Most HFboards posters are current or former hockey players, some of which play/played at a high level. Im sorry, but we would have the ability to hang in with the Canadians as long as we play with grit and dominate physically.

The Canadian team can get physical if they wanted to. I remember the '98 finals match between Canada and the USA, in which both teams were dishing out hits.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
DontGoInThere said:
sigh...13-0 now. I want to know why the coach pulled Montanari. The backup is doing far worse.
I think it was more to do with giving the backup a run out than being a result of the starters performance.

At least the backup can now say shes played in the olympics and she may never get a chance again.

Vic Rattlehead*

Puck33 said:

No, whoever is the "home" team has the final line change. They can match lines, which is an advantage.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
19bruins19 said:
No, whoever is the "home" team has the final line change. They can match lines, which is an advantage.

Iam saying the game will be played in italy nothing more nothing less.

Crossroads*

Puck33 said:

You do know that home ice advantage is more than just jersey colour right. . .? Line changes are completed last by the home team. . . . allowing for line matching and better matchups against key players.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
Steve L said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: I think they were talking about the advantage of the last change.

Exactly lol but the poster i was quoting made it sound like the game would be played in canada lol. ( i was joking )

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
Steve L said:
I think it was more to do with giving the backup a run out than being a result of the starters performance.

At least the backup can now say shes played in the olympics and she may never get a chance again.

Yeah I guess that's the main reason. I'm just used to the "if your starter is doing great, don't pull him no matter the score" type coaching.

15-0 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->