Womens hockey - Canada and Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
Kinbote said:
I do not take a tournament that has only 2 teams that can win it and everyone else the equivalent of the Washington Generals seriously. Sorry if that offends you.
I agree women's hockey right now is a joke... but it'll never get better if they don't play in the olympics.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Kinbote said:
I do not take a tournament that has only 2 teams that can win it and everyone else the equivalent of the Washington Generals seriously. Sorry if that offends you.
So you dont consider the English football Premier league a serious tournament even though only 1 team can win it?

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I'd appreciate it if the commentators actually learned a few of the names. The only player I've heard them mention on Italy is the goalie, Montanari, and they don't even bother mentioning her first name. They don't seem to mention very many player's first names come to think of it.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
I hate Hayley Wiekenhieser. Of course she has to pad her international stats by scoring with 5 seconds left in a 8-0 game.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Namso said:
I agree women's hockey right now is a joke... but it'll never get better if they don't play in the olympics.
Its only a joke because they arent allowed to hit.

Every event has the equivilent of Eddie the eagle or the Jamaican bobsleigh team or that guy from Africa who could hardly swim.

They usually get the biggest cheers because they compete with dignity and thats what the olympics are about.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
Namso said:
I disagree, these women are probably better hockey players then 99% of the posters here. I am actually pretty impressed with their abilities.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
Gforce33 said:
I disagree, these women are probably better hockey players then 99% of the posters here. I am actually pretty impressed with their abilities.

I agree and calling it a joke is rather narrow minded IMO.

Party Time

Oct 4, 2005
The canadians have to run up the score because it may come down to goal differential to determine who gets last change in the final. That can play a big role in getting the right match ups.

However, I have to say the Italians are sticking around and still playing slightly physical. It seems as though they are improving as the game goes on, or else Canada is letting up a bit.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Steve L said:
So why mention the Washington Generals?

Who knows who will win it anyway. Its a bit silly insulting the tournament because of who you think will make then finals.

Um, the Washington Generals are the team that plays against the Harlem Globetrotters and their job is to lose every time they play the Trotters. Get it?

Crossroads*

Gforce33 said:

These women aren't that impressive. In fact, I believe the U.S. national hockey team lost to an American high school team.

I played with a member of the Canadian national team in a fun game a year or two ago. I played AAA for most of my life and Junior A for about half a season. She was by the far the worst player on the ice. . . and most players were AAA level, 17-18 years old.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
Gforce33 said:

I'm not sying there bad players but seriously Italy vs Canada??? some of those italian girls are having trouble skating, they're as young as 15, the puck never leaves the offensive zone.

This is like getting NHL players playing against midget b and calling it a tournament. It's a joke.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Namso said:
I'm not sying there bad players but seriously Italy vs Canada??? some of those italian girls are having trouble skating, they're as young as 15, the puck never leaves the offensive zone.

This is like getting NHL players playing against midget b and calling it a tournament. It's a joke.
You have no idea what the olympics are about, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->