Womens hockey - Canada and Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
As a fan of Canada, this is just painful to watch. It is difficult to play these games and retain both the dignity of the winning and losing team. Frankly, I hope that they have another sport to show don't stick with all 60 minutes of this slaughter.

I'm amazed at the size of the Italian goaltender. She is *tiny*. Her jersey comes halfway down her peewee sized pads.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Italy has two d-women who are only 15 years old! :eek:

The italian goalie is keeping the score down. She is pretty decent, nice stop on that breakaway.

Vic Rattlehead*

Jon Prescription said:
At least the Swiss team has an absolutely incredible goaltender and limited the US team to scoring 6. This Italian team is kinda a sad joke...

What does that have to do with the Canada-Italy game? :dunno:

joe_shannon_1983*

I want to see Canada really embarrass them.

Something along the lines of 15-0.

I hope that they don't let up. Letting up is for suckers!

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
ferns8916 said:
I want to see Canada really embarrass them.

Something along the lines of 15-0.

I hope that they don't let up. Letting up is for suckers!

Nah, they won't. They want to all get a kiss from Don Cherry because they don't run up the score :naughty:

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
I dont think Canada should run up the score.

Italy has 2 15yearolds, they all look like they're only 5 feet. I feel bad for them.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
I see the Italians must have watched the "How to play hockey" by Darcy Tucker DVD because they had players down on the ice for 2 of the goals but popped straight back up after they scored and thats not including the one who decided to headbutt the goal post after another goal.

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
Italy's goalie is doing a great job. The score should be 17-0 right now but she's been making some big saves. How big is she by the way? It looks like her head bearly comes up over the crossbar.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Well, it's only 5-0 after 1 period. The only reason it's that way is because of the Italian goalie. She has been doing a great job.

Also, Canada isn't playing with intensity, like they would against stronger teams like the US. Another reason why it's only 5-0.

The Italian goalie is only 5'3 by the way, talk about tiny!

I applaud the italian team though. They know they have no chance, but you can see they are at least trying.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
IcemanTBI said:
I applaud the italian team though. They know they have no chance, but you can see they are at least trying.
Italy playing Canada women would be like the Canadian cricket team playing England or Australia.

The result would never be in doubt but its just a matter of whether Canada would get into double figures for either game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad