Wolski player of the year in the OHL !!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
schremp is alright, wolski had stronger finish. Plus he will likely translate to be the better NHL player

Gaborik

Apr 26, 2006
I thought Radulov should have won it to be honest.

Wolski is a phenominal talent though, he deserves it just as much.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Gaborik said:
I thought Radulov should have won it to be honest.

Wolski is a phenominal talent though, he deserves it just as much.

he plays in the Q

edit: didn't see the post above... you're right, you are a useful idiot "meant for the post above not for Gaborik"

Gaborik

Apr 26, 2006
Whoops, for some reason my eyes told me this was for the CHL.

In that case, I agree whole heartedly with this decision, I would have picked him over Schremp as well.

:dunce:

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
As a Mrs. Saugian, I can't think of anyone more deserving to NOT get that award than Robbie Schremp.

Thank you Brampton!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Pete Rock said:
As a Mrs. Saugian, I can't think of anyone more deserving to NOT get that award than Robbie Schremp.

Thank you Brampton!

I'm pretty sure anyone who threw on an Ice Dogs jersey this year, was far less deserving than Schremp! :sarcasm:

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Boomhower said:
I'm pretty sure anyone who threw on an Ice Dogs jersey this year, was far less deserving than Schremp! :sarcasm:

Yeah, they weren't exactly a talented team this year, but at least their hearts were in the game, which is much more than can be said of "crybaby" during his stay here.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Four consecutive Player of the Week awards says it all. Wolski was flat out dominant this year, with lesser support than Schremp.

Schremp had a great year, but for most oustanding, Wolski was a gimme.

Roman Tanner

Aug 5, 2005
Mgmt. Excuseville
Charlie_Girl said:
Four consecutive Player of the Week awards says it all. Wolski was flat out dominant this year, with lesser support than Schremp.

4 consecutive Player of the 'Month' awards.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Leachmeister2000 said:
Schremp was consistent all year long...Wolski only had an amazing second half.
HAHAHA :p:

Charlie_Girl said:
Four consecutive Player of the Month awards says it all. Wolski was flat out dominant this year, with lesser support than Schremp.

Totally agree here.

Go Wojo!! :yo:

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Pete Rock said:
Yeah, they weren't exactly a talented team this year, but at least their hearts were in the game, which is much more than can be said of "crybaby" during his stay here.

He was what, sixteen, at the time? I'm definately thinking "crybaby" as I read this post, but I'm not thinking it about Schremp.

Why do I have this feeling that even if he ends up being an all-star in 5-10 years, we'll still be hearing about his Mississauga antics.

Last edited:

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
thomasincanada said:
He was what, sixteen, at the time? I'm definately thinking "crybaby" as I read this post, but I'm not thinking it about Schremp.

The Ice Dogs have seen their fair share of stars come through as well as superstars. Three such superstars were Jason Spezza, Patrick O'Sullivan, and Robbie Schremp. All three were unhappy with the direction of the team: Spezza asked to be traded and played out his days until it was done; O'Sullivan stuck it out and ended up on an OHL final-bound team; Schremp demanded a trade and would only accept two teams as destinations and sat out until it happened.

Schremp, because of his whining, tremendously lowered any value he had on the trade market by sitting out and limiting his teams.

I don't care if he was 16 years old. That's inappropriate conduct for anyone at any age.

thomasincanada said:
Why do I have this feeling that even if he ends up being an all-star in 5-10 years, we'll still be hearing about his Mississauga antics.

You're absolutely right. He left the Ice Dogs management holding the bag while he pouted and ran away, thus leaving Ice Dogs fans mad at him. You still hear about the antics of owners from NHL cities packing up and leaving in the middle of the night because it was a tremendously asinine thing to do. Same story with this kid.

I will never be a fan of his.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Pete Rock said:
You're absolutely right. He left the Ice Dogs management holding the bag while he pouted and ran away, thus leaving Ice Dogs fans mad at him. You still hear about the antics of owners from NHL cities packing up and leaving in the middle of the night because it was a tremendously asinine thing to do. Same story with this kid.

I will never be a fan of his.

This is all well and good and maybe you are justified in disliking him for eternity.

That being said does it have to be brought up in threads like this? Some of us don't really care and are generally bored with the complaining about his attitude and what he did to Mississauga. This was a thread about whether he was deserving of OHL MVP, not whether or not people from Mississauga like him. Believe it or not the two are unrelated.

t0mf00lery

Sep 12, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
Visit site
thomasincanada said:
This is all well and good and maybe you are justified in disliking him for eternity.

That being said does it have to be brought up in threads like this? Some of us don't really care and are generally bored with the complaining about his attitude and what he did to Mississauga. This was a thread about whether he was deserving of OHL MVP, not whether or not people from Mississauga like him. Believe it or not the two are unrelated.

This guy from Mississauga likes him.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
thomasincanada said:
This is all well and good and maybe you are justified in disliking him for eternity. . . This was a thread about whether he was deserving of OHL MVP, not whether or not people from Mississauga like him. Believe it or not the two are unrelated.

Pete Rock said:

Thank you Brampton!

I thought I had touched on the subject of him deserving the award. :dunno:

I'll grant you that me not liking Schremp and whether or not Schremp deserved an award for most outstanding player aren't directly related, but the discussion had to be brought up when you referred to me as a "crybaby".

thomasincanada said:
That being said does it have to be brought up in threads like this? Some of us don't really care and are generally bored with the complaining about his attitude and what he did to Mississauga.

I'm generally bored with people making jokes like "I liked his album" in Jack Johnson threads. I'm generally bored with people butchering the English language and displaying horrific typing skills. I'm generally bored with people making up excuses for players like, "He was only 16" like his age makes up for the fact that he was a complete putz. But most of all, I'm generally bored with people defending certain players vehemently like they were brothers and then resorting to name calling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad