Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (October 2017)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I know the new Star Wars Battlefront game will have a SP campaign 5 to 7 hours long. However, the last campaign DICE ever made that was worth a **** was Bad Company 1. I have a feeling the SP is just a handwaving afterthought compared to the MP and that's a shame.

Battlefield 1, DICE's last game, had an awesome singeplayer campaign, IMO. It was some of the best and most intelligent storytelling that I've ever seen in any shooter game. It was leagues better than the sorry excuses for stories that Call of Duty games have. It was relatively short, but not the afterthought that I thought that it'd be. If the Battlefront II campaign is of the same quality as Battlefield 1's, then it definitely wouldn't be a shame, IMO.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Weird how it has a 90 on ps4 but a 85-86 on PC, any reason why? I plan on buying it eventually on PC but if there's problems with it then I'll just wait or get it for ps4.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Weird how it has a 90 on ps4 but a 85-86 on PC, any reason why? I plan on buying it eventually on PC but if there's problems with it then I'll just wait or get it for ps4.

Games always have lower scores on PC. We're the master race, after all, and have higher standards. Seriously, lots of things drop scores for PC versions that don't for console versions, like performance issues, control issues and lack of options. PC gamers will knock a full point off of their review if there's no FOV slider, if they can't turn motion blur off or if their framerate drops below 60, for example. PC gamers are picky and the scores often reflect it. In other words, it's likely not that the PC version of this game is any worse, but that PC gamers have slightly different expectations. It likely means nothing to you if you're comfortable playing on either PC or console.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Watched Cohh streaming this for a while today on twitch. Game looks extremely well done, lots of good character development and backstory.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Meh so far. The 15 minute hopping back and forth timeline intro was booooooring. If I’m not shooting shit within the first 5-10 minutes, I’m bored.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I'm having a blast with this game, so much fun.

I haven't had any problems on PC yet. Runs great on High graphics settings for me (i5-6500, GTX 970). I did have a slight audio problem during a mission in the subways but that's been about it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I’ll say this...the update to the story from the original version is spectacular. There’s some problems with not educating new users how to perform different tasks. That’s the big glaring problem I see with the game so far.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Finally started playing this game and goddamn it's good. Smooth as butter in high settings (at least) and it's so damn good. Written well and the action is always top notch. Goddamn it's good so far.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
This has definitely been my game of the year so far. I'm having an absolute blast. I don't know what I'm enjoying more, the gameplay itself or the amazing cutscenes. The humor is incredible. I don't normally play games multiple times but I might replay this on easy saving Fergus instead of Wyatt because his character is entirely different.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Told myself I would wait to buy it till it was on sale but after blowing through COD WWII and getting a One X I wanted a new game that was enhanced for it. Its fun so far, only about an hour in though.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Keep hearing great things about the world building, atmosphere and storytelling....

...and bad things about the feel of the shooting, the level design, the encounter design.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
I was thinking about picking this up, but was wondering if I should play the prequel first. Anybody have thoughts on that?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I was thinking about picking this up, but was wondering if I should play the prequel first. Anybody have thoughts on that?

The New Order is really, really good and cheaper on top of that!

I haven't gotten around to playing The New Colossus but you can't go wrong by getting The New Order.

Feedback on The New Colossus seems mixed whereas The New Order was universal acclaim. Doesn't mean TNC isn't good but TNO is a very safe bet (and again, cheaper too).

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The New Colossus I thought was fantastic. It just has some pretty bad crashing issues on PC when it comes to the Steam overlay and lowering the game.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Colossus is basically more Order just with better characters and more cool shit in it. Criticism of TNC is warranted just in that it's not pushing the mechanical side of things along enough. Order's gameplay wasn't great and they pretty much just left it alone here. Games like Destiny and Doom have come out since TNO and they do shooting wayyyyyyyy better, so those expectations are higher than they were back then.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I am really enjoying this game and I usually dont play these type of FPS games. I am absolutely terrible though I die so many freaking times. I actually had to lower the difficulty to the EASIEST level in the part of the game where you have to hold off the Nazi's at the top of the tower until the helicopter arrives. After my 15th time dying I just gave up and bumped up the difficulty again after that scene.

I absolutely cannot imagine playing this on the hardest difficulty, has anyone ever done it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->