Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (October 2017)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

It's coming.

I'm ****ing amped. The New Order was probably the best overall game experience I've ever had in a FPS. This looks like it'll be amazing.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah I was watching the trailer on Steam the other day. I like how you can explore a revisionist America

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I hope BJ getting the magic jewish mech suit expands the game play a bit. The first one was great but mechanically it started to wear itself out by the end.

Basically they should make it play more like Doom.

Also Fergus is in the trailer and that's weird? I guess he was the right choice after all?

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hope BJ getting the magic jewish mech suit expands the game play a bit. The first one was great but mechanically it started to wear itself out by the end.

Basically they should make it play more like Doom.

Also Fergus is in the trailer and that's weird? I guess he was the right choice after all?

Please not like Doom. It was fine in The New Order for the most part. Some slight improvements and it'd be fine. It's not meant to be Doom, and I don't think it should play like Doom either.

I think Fergus was considered the "canon" choice.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think Fergus was considered the "canon" choice.

They actually are sticking with the branching story they started with in one. That's Wyatt dropping acid at the end of the trailer. Your story will be different depending on who you choose.

Good interview (choice question @11 mins):

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Definitely thinking about pre-ordering the deluxe edition for PC that can be had for just under $64. I know you shouldn't pre-order Bethesda stuff, but ****ing hell did I love New Order and Old Blood.

Sep 19, 2008
https://www.pcgamesn.com/wolfenstei...fenstein-the-new-colossus-nazis-bad-statement

You’d think that this wouldn’t be a point of debate. Not only was there a fairly significant war fought over this point (the Nazis lost), but the Wolfenstein series has been running since 1981. You’d think that after 36+ years of stabbing, shooting and generally killing Nazis, someone might have picked up on the themes of this franchise. Apparently not.

Gearing up for the release of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus at the end of this month, Bethesda have stepped up the marketing for the game, including a swathe of new trailers and clips on Youtube accompanied by the #NoMoreNazis hashtag, and featuring the slogans ‘Not My America’ and 'Make America Nazi-Free Again', referencing the setting of the game; an occupied America in an alternate history where the Nazis won WW2.

Contrary to all common sense, this has upset a subset of very angry individuals, some of whom seem to be proudly flying swastika flags on social media. They are keen to impress on Bethesda that it is impolite in this day and age to suggest that violence ever be considered a valid tactic to use against people with different political views, even if those views are centered around militarily enforced genocide and/or ethnic cleansing.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Because the single player for the previous 2 games are f***ing amazing. Single player games have a place in this world, especially expertly crafted ones. DOOM, The New Order and Old Blood are all stellar SP games. I know DOOM has MP, but it has nothing on the SP. Even people gush more about the SP campaign for Titanfall 2 when the MP is still pretty damn good. What I'm getting at is, single player will never go away and if anything, it's almost always welcome. I know the new Star Wars Battlefront game will have a SP campaign 5 to 7 hours long. However, the last campaign DICE ever made that was worth a shit was Bad Company 1. I have a feeling the SP is just a handwaving afterthought compared to the MP and that's a shame.

Also, there is no online component to Persona 5 or Horizon Zero Dawn or Yakuza 0. All single player games. Just saying, it's a really bad and shortsighted thing to say.

PS - The game is now pre-loaded on Steam :).

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Looks like reviews are coming in to high praise. I ended up getting a new graphics card for my computer for this game (at least that was my excuse), and the pre load should be done by the time it arrives! Not to mention that I think it's important to support strong single player games, this was a full price purchase for me. Pretty excited to get started.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Looks like reviews are coming in to high praise. I ended up getting a new graphics card for my computer for this game (at least that was my excuse), and the pre load should be done by the time it arrives! Not to mention that I think it's important to support strong single player games, this was a full price purchase for me. Pretty excited to get started.

Luckily it uses idTech 6, which is what Doom used. And idTech 6 an amazing f***ing engine. Infinitely better than 5 in every way. Runs amazingly nice.

Sep 19, 2008
I'd be a fan of MP but it's nice that they dedicated the whole game to a SP story. There have been online components that were successful in the past (see RTCW) but it just wouldn't fit here.

Maybe they make it standalone like in ET.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->