GDT: WJC - Victor Rask (SWE) and Ryan Murphy (CAN)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
That one was just awful on all fronts. Murphy should have played the body, but Reilly could have broken that one up well before it even got to that point. It was a great move by Nichushkin, and the wrong play by Murphy, but if Reilly had played it anywhere near competently Murphy's never in that position to begin with.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Congratz to all you americans, well deserved win for you! We wasn't good enough today, but I'm very happy that we made it to the final, I didn't think we would go this far when the tournament begin. Too bad we didn't have any of our top-3 defensemen or Zibanejad, but you guys was the better team today.

Rask was playing with Boyce-Rotevall and de la Rose today, and he couldn't do so much with them. I don't know why Rönnberg didn't use Rask more in the end, he created chances almost every time when he played in all matches.

Well, see you in the finals next year in Sweden!

Reactions: MinJaBen

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
That one was just awful on all fronts. Murphy should have played the body, but Reilly could have broken that one up well before it even got to that point. It was a great move by Nichushkin, and the wrong play by Murphy, but if Reilly had played it anywhere near competently Murphy's never in that position to begin with.

Don't. Ever. Question. Lord. Rielly.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Wasn't a big fan of Murphy before this game. If that's the kind of defensive effort he gives, he's definitely not what Carolina needs.

But hey, Corvo is getting old we'll need a replacement for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->