WJC U.S. TV Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
So the Team Canada fans down here in the states get boned once again and not going to get to see Canada win the gold game, because the US wont be in it. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah it's stuff like this that increases my desire to move back to Canada. It's pretty hard being a Canadian hockey fan living in the States. :banghead:

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Perhaps you get "boned" and don't get to see the Canada games, because, oh, I don't know, you live in canada? I don't go to pennsylvania and expect to see Islander games.

I'll assume you mean the US. Let's put it this way: in Canada hockey reigns. And all championship games are shown plus other regular tournament games and regular NHL games no matter what teams are playing. That's right. Games with no Canadian team playing are often televised. Novel idea for Americans, I know, to show games that have no American teams included.

So perhaps that's why Canadians living in the USA are surprised and dismayed to find out they can't watch team Canada, or the championship games unless the US is playing.

I guess you have to be Canadian to understand the passion to watch the tournaments all the way through whether or not your team is still in the running. If you live and breathe hockey, does it really matter if your team is playing? I know I just want to watch all the games through to the end.

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
TSN is broadcasting some games on their website. i'm not sure of the details becuase, well, i get TSN on cable and thus won't be watching the games on the internet but i'm sure if you go to their website you can find out more.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
one quick question.

this was discussed in a different thread. i saved the instructions, but now i cant seem to fing them.

what is the site that broadcasts the game videos over the internet? someone posted a site where you can watch the games. does anyone know this site, or have a link to the thread it was detailed in?

SaveHextall

Nov 21, 2006
Westchester, NY
I just got nailed by a Mod for posting this in every Eastern conference teams page, but I think it's safe to do it in here since its a topic of discussion...

I found out today that DirecTv isn't planning on televising the World Junior Championships this season. They didnt plan on it last year either, but after the fans complained, they aired the tournament for free for us.

Help those of us out here in the States who want to see it. It's very simple and quick.

1. Link: http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice/index.html

2. Scroll down to "Contact NHL Center Ice"

3. Write them a quick little sentence or 2 saying you want to see the World Junior Championships televised next week.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'll assume you mean the US. Let's put it this way: in Canada hockey reigns. And all championship games are shown plus other regular tournament games and regular NHL games no matter what teams are playing. That's right. Games with no Canadian team playing are often televised. Novel idea for Americans, I know, to show games that have no American teams included.

So perhaps that's why Canadians living in the USA are surprised and dismayed to find out they can't watch team Canada, or the championship games unless the US is playing.

I guess you have to be Canadian to understand the passion to watch the tournaments all the way through whether or not your team is still in the running. If you live and breathe hockey, does it really matter if your team is playing? I know I just want to watch all the games through to the end.

Maybe you should've throughly researched hockey in the States before you moved here if it's such a big deal.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005

:teach: All hear this: Canada has passion for hockey. You have heard it here first from leafsfan aka Mr Obvious No one ever on HFBoards has ever proclaimed this :teach:

The real novel idea would be if the same people saying that "the US doesn't care about hockey" wouldn't also be the one's surprised and dismayed that they aren't showing all of the Canada games here in the US.
That's much like bad mouthing that Lusaka Africa doesn't have a very good health care system and then going there and being surprised and dismayed that your heart surgery didn't go well in Lusaka Africa.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The Center Ice schedule from the guide portion of my direct TV says USA vs Germany 12/26 9:00 AM Channel 774 on Direct TV

Its there for me as well :clap:

It shows a 6 hour slot so hopefully the game after will also get aired (since they just use TSNs feed)

The USA vs Canada game is also listed on the 27th (1:00est start)

Last edited:

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
I see. I don't have Direct TV. I have iO cable. This stinks!

If you have CI you will get it. Direct TV's guide goes out a long time. When I had CI with my cable provider I got everything the CI offered, Hockey Day in Canada, WJC, etc the only difference is that my cable provider's guide section would only go out for maybe 24 hours where Direct TV's guide goes out for days

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006

You make it seem like all Americans only care to watch their team and only have the ability to watch their team.

Well, sorry, but actually I would love to watch every single game. Unfortunately I can't watch ANY. So maybe you Canadians could stop whining like you're the only ones that can't watch. Just because I'm an American doesn't mean I'm any less passionate about the game than you. Sorry to burst your stereotypical views of us, but it's true. So stop the Canadian elitism already. It's annoying and gives people a bad impression of your country.

Besides, you guys can watch the Team Canada games on TSN's online streaming. Will they be showing American games? I don't think so. (Though if they are, that'd be great. I only heard confirmation of Team Canada's games though.)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's no reason Versus can't carry these games. I thought they were supposed to treat hockey like it's their #1 sport. What are they going to show? Bull riding and Barbecue Championship Series?

kbarbdamnit

Jun 4, 2006
South Jersey
www.youtube.com
There's no reason Versus can't carry these games. I thought they were supposed to treat hockey like it's their #1 sport. What are they going to show? Bull riding and Barbecue Championship Series?

I would think they'd at the very least carry the medal rounds.

also, for those who won't get the games televised, It might be worth it to try a couple of programs called TVUPlayer or SopCast. Basically, they're programs that stream television channels. A lot of people use them to watch Premier league soccer or NHL games that are not in their area. It's pretty much a matter if someone decides to stream the channel as to weather or not it'll be on the programs.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005

lg8528.jpg

Mmmmmmm Barbecue

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
I would think they'd at the very least carry the medal rounds.

also, for those who won't get the games televised, It might be worth it to try a couple of programs called TVUPlayer or SopCast. Basically, they're programs that stream television channels. A lot of people use them to watch Premier league soccer or NHL games that are not in their area. It's pretty much a matter if someone decides to stream the channel as to weather or not it'll be on the programs.

TVU player has unfortunaley been down for me latley. Is anyone else having this problem?

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
Last I heard, TVU wasn't broadcasting nhl games anymore because they got a cease and desist email from the nhl.

I'm watching the usa-germany game right now, but my guide on timewarner cable doesn't even list it. On the other Center Ice channels it shows today's schedule, but no other games, only this one. And I can't see any other days schedule. The website looks like it hasn't been updated since before the season. How can I find out the schedule of what games are on? I may be american, but I'm not myopic. I'd like to see the tournament. Not just when my team plays.

HckyCanada31

Dec 26, 2006
You make it seem like all Americans only care to watch their team and only have the ability to watch their team.

Well, sorry, but actually I would love to watch every single game. Unfortunately I can't watch ANY. So maybe you Canadians could stop whining like you're the only ones that can't watch. Just because I'm an American doesn't mean I'm any less passionate about the game than you. Sorry to burst your stereotypical views of us, but it's true. So stop the Canadian elitism already. It's annoying and gives people a bad impression of your country.

Besides, you guys can watch the Team Canada games on TSN's online streaming. Will they be showing American games? I don't think so. (Though if they are, that'd be great. I only heard confirmation of Team Canada's games though.)
TSN is actually showing 3 out of 4 Team USA games. Unfortunately, I can't watch Team Canada on the Live Broadband because I am not in Canada and using Canadian proxies is not working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad