WJC stats

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by Freaky Habs Fan, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Freaky Habs Fan

Freaky Habs Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    I found the stats for the fowards, but where can I see the stats for the goaltenders?

2. littleD

littleD Registered User

Home Page:
  3. Freaky Habs Fan

Home Page:
    Wow, the battle for the best goaltender of the tournement will be long...I guess it will be between Price and Varlamov...

4. naihlflames

naihlflames Registered User

Battle of the best goalie or best team in front of the goalie? Another case od which came first the chicken or the egg? If Rask plays for Russia and Varlamov for Finland does Varlamov still get a shutout?

5. Joretus

Joretus Guest

Yeah, it's quite weird that ie. Varlamov&Price haven't yet tested at all and still they would be so obvious batling alone.

6. Kaktus*

Kaktus* Guest

Nice... If Carey Price plays for Slovaks... Hmmm?

7. Freaky Habs Fan

Home Page:
    Sure the team in front helps, but Price and Varlamov are both really good

8. SchwenningerWildWing

SchwenningerWildWing Registered User

Homer pick from a german but Sebastian Stefaniszin should also have a shot

9. Panopticon

Panopticon Registered User

They're in habit of awarding players in the better teams. Laakso was clearly the top scoring defenseman in the U18 WJC in 2004 and Tukonen, Nokelainen and Korpikoski all tied Roman Voloshenko for the scoring lead (all with 5+6, Korpikoski and Tukonen had the best +/-), yet none of these Finns were awarded, because Finland didn't advance to the QF/SF phase and played for relegation and thus got to score against the so called weaker teams (Laakso got 1+3 out of his 2+4 against Belarus... I still think it's a good performance from him anyway since Finland scored 5 goals in that game... being in on 4 out of 5 is pretty good, no matter who it's against, especially if you're an underager in the first place... he first scored his other 1+1 against Norway in Finlands 9-0 win ;)).

This goes for goalies as well to some degree... playing for relegation you clearly don't have to face as many good shots as you do playing against the top teams. This is all relative, of course, and everyone can have their opinion and I can see it from both sides...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  10. Joretus

Joretus Guest

Since it's stats I'll post something about scoring. As it seems now when all teams(except Canada&Russia) have played same amount of games Finland is having at least something nice showing. Finland is having top two in scoring. Lindgren&Lehtonen with 10points. Lindgren should actually have 11p, but somehow they never gave him point of Osala's first goal against yankees. Anyway, good showing of them both.

Last edited by moderator : Jan 4, 2007