WJC SF2: Jan 3 GDT - USA vs. Finland (2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WJC SF2: Jan 3 GDT - USA vs. Finland

I'm cheering for Finland here but USA have been playing really well so I don't dare to predict a win for the finns.

3-2 USA

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Predatore said:
I'm cheering for Finland here but USA have been playing really well so I don't dare to predict a win for the finns.

3-2 USA

I'll take3-2 Finns. Could go either way.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Is this game or the Canadien game, the one that will be aired on Centre Ice?

I'd love to see the U.S. win and hopefully play Canada in the final. The layoff could cause some problems, so look for Finland to strike early if they are going to win this game.

4 - 2 U.S.A.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
This will be a tough one for the finns, you can never count them out because if there is any team that can play with heart, it is the finns. However I think USA will win this one with a score of 4 to 2, last goal an empty netter.

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
Enoch said:
Is this game or the Canadian game, the one that will be aired on Centre Ice?

4 - 2 U.S.A.

Both should be, but I heard the USA one is for sure as Centre Ice will be carrying TSN's feed.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
KillerWhale said:
Both should be, but I heard the USA one is for sure as Centre Ice will be carrying TSN's feed.
On the game lineup for Center Ice it says they're carrying the Semi-Final game at 7:30 on the Game 2 channel. At 1 p.m, the Rangers/Penguins game is on Game 2 channel, so I don't think they're carrying it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The safe bet would be a close, low scoring victory by either team. I'm not going that route though. I'm going to say the U.S. lays a hurting on the Finns this time around: 5-1.

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
The Finns are just plain refusing to loose. Not a bad plan , if you don't loose you win. :D Personally, after dry boring athlete interviews one ofter another, I think Salminen put it best in the intermission of Canada Finland when asked if Finns have enough strength to battle Canadian forwards: "We ****ing have to have."

USA is the favourite but I'm going to go with 3 - 2 Finland and Tikkanen on Janney like treatment of Parise :D

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
teme said:
The Finns are just plain refusing to loose. Not a bad plan , if you don't loose you win. :D Personally, after dry boring athlete interviews one ofter another, I think Salminen put it best in the intermission of Canada Finland when asked if Finns have enough strength to battle Canadian forwards: "We ****ing have to have."

USA is the favourite but I'm going to go with 3 - 2 Finland and Tikkanen on Janney like treatment of Parise :D

He said that in an interview? That's funny!

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
Bruins4419 said:
On the game lineup for Center Ice it says they're carrying the Semi-Final game at 7:30 on the Game 2 channel. At 1 p.m, the Rangers/Penguins game is on Game 2 channel, so I don't think they're carrying it. I hope I'm wrong though.

If they don't carry it, Center Ice is getting several hate mails.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Yeah, the TV for this was bobbled from the start. I don't have Center Ice, so I'm fine listening to it on the radio .. but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->