3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Game start: 8PM PST | 11PM ET | 05.00 CET

Online coverage (rosters, stats etc.)

Flags from 3dflags.com

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I hope the boys had a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast.............. At least they get the late game. Here's some keys for the U.S if they want to pull out what would be a mild upset at this juncture:

1) Cory Schneider needs to play as well or better than he did against the Czechs.
2) Walt Kyle will have to use his bench. I don't think two lines and four d is going to work today.
3) Contain Malkin. I doubt he can be stopped, but he can't be allowed to run amok. He'll probably see a healthy dose of the Paukovich/Davis/Fristche line and the two Johnsons.
4) Phil Kessel will have to score. Shut up your detractors once and for all!

Last edited:

BeerTuzzi

Nov 27, 2003
I'll be at the game. I hope the states win so I can see CAN-US final but I think Russia will win simply because of the extra day rest that Russia has...

Jay_McClement

Nov 18, 2005
Is there any chance for those of us in the states without FSN North to watch this game? Even if it is tape delayed.

Wranglers110

Dec 20, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Cory Schneider's been our player of the tournament. With all the hype up front and with Jack, did anyone think our strength would be in the pipes?

joe_shannon_1983*

U.S.A. will win, 5-0.

Phil Kessel will get all 5 goals, plus the shut-out (that is right, he will play both forward and goalie; that is how good Phil Kessel is!).

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
USA! USA! USA!!

They really have to play a great game to beat the Russians. This should be a really good game.

Petey Knights

Aug 3, 2005
Every game of the medal round is on TSN

The Canada-Finland game is on starting with pre-game at 6:30pm EST. The Russia-USA game will begin at 11pm EST

joe_shannon_1983*

RUS said:
Russians can beat USA even if they are well rested... I have full confidence. Lets go Russia!

You really have confidence in Russia, considering that they will have to beat Phil Kessel?

Interesting.

greatwhite101*

ferns8916 said:
You really have confidence in Russia, considering that they will have to beat Phil Kessel?
O please... Phil Kessel. Malkin was one of the best players in the World Championship this summer and him and Ovechkin were playing against man not some boys like in WJC.

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
Wranglers110 said:
Cory Schneider's been our player of the tournament. With all the hype up front and with Jack, did anyone think our strength would be in the pipes?

Schneider's been damn good I gotta admit. He's hovering near a .93 save %, and has only allowed a single even strength goal all tournament. Can't say which way this one will go, both teams have young phenoms (Malkin/Kessel), but I think the fatigue factor might hurt the Americans.

I think people expected the US to have solid goaltending, but maybe not one of the top 3 'tenders in the tournament.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
This one goes surely to the russian boys.

Malkin will do a hat-trick.

Finland versus Russia in the final. :teach:

greatwhite101*

TheDynasty said:
Schneider's been damn good I gotta admit. He's hovering near a .93 save %, and has only allowed a single even strength goal all tournament. Can't say which way this one will go, both teams have young phenoms (Malkin/Kessel), but I think the fatigue factor might hurt the Americans.

I think people expected the US to have solid goaltending, but maybe not one of the top 3 'tenders in the tournament.
KHUDOBIN Anton Russian goalie save % 94.74. While USA only have Chris BOURQUE who does most of the scoring Russian offense is about 3-4 forwards playing one game less then USA. Shut down one line and USA is done.

P.S I will eat my words if I am wrong and will congratulate USA fans if they will win.
Let the best team win. :jump:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I just heard a rumour that Russia is only sending Evgeni Malkin to the game, because the rest of the team needs to rest for the finals...

:biglaugh:

hwkn

Oct 2, 2005
Evanston il
If it's not on CI maybe XM'll have it on one of their NHL channels so we can at least listen to the game.

Hooter

Apr 27, 2005
Hopefully, it will be Canada vs. Russia! Be good to see the Americans lose and Jack Johnson out! The guy should have been suspended anyway!

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
RUS said:
KHUDOBIN Anton Russian goalie save % 94.74. While USA only have Chris BOURQUE who does most of the scoring Russian offense is about 3-4 forwards playing one game less then USA. Shut down one line and USA is done.

P.S I will eat my words if I am wrong and will congratulate USA fans if they will win.
Let the best team win. :jump:

I wasn't really comparing Schneider to Khudobin, but you might want to consider the fact Schneider has played in one more game, against arguably better competition.

Khubodin has played Sweden, Slovakia, and Latvia. Outside of Sweden (who were knocked off by the Fins), the other two teams are pretty much push-overs for the Russians (or should be).

Schneider has played pretty much every major team in the tournament outside of Russia, including Canada, the Fins, the Czechs, and the criminally underrated Swiss.

Now I'm not saying Schneider is better then Khubodin or vice versa. What I am saying is that claiming the Russians have an advantage in net is a real stretch in my opinion.

evegoe

May 23, 2003
St. Paul, Minnesota
Visit site
Who Will Canadiens Root For?

Walt Kyle was quoted as saying it'll finally be nice not to be booed by the crowd during a game, since he thinks most Canadiens will have a hard time cheering for the Russians. Yet, Johnson-gate seems to dominate the boards today.

So fans will have a tough decision tonight for this game. I look forward to actually being able to watch one of the WJC games tonight since it'll be on FSN, DirectTV 641.

Should be a fun one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad