WJC Semifinal: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Well, well.

We are the olympic champions and world champions.

Maybe it's time for our juniors now?

Some of our opponents here have very, very big mouths.

Sweden is constantly underrated, weird but true.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
To bad, but really, he haven't made any impact anyway. Guess Molinder takes his spot then.

I disagree. Pettersson has been good with Bergfors and Sundström. Didn't he also score the late goal against the US?

Anyhow.. this tournament has been a success. Semifinal for the first time in six years. Can't ask for more. I hope we can keep the score down and save some energy for the bronze game.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
I disagree. Pettersson has been good with Bergfors and Sundström. Didn't he also score the late goal against the US?

Anyhow.. this tournament has been a success. Semifinal for the first time in six years. Can't ask for more. I hope we can keep the score down and save some energy for the bronze game.

Well, i don't know about your expectations, but i thought Petterson would deliver a few more goals from the crease.
Perhaps in the bronze game, he will. :sarcasm:

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Seems the game will have Danny Kurmann (SUI) as ref. Anyone know anything about him?

Well, you can put it this way: Kurmann is a curseword here in Finland.

He has ruined team Finland's chances countless times at the men's world championships.

He's on par with Alex Dell :madfire: and Rick Looker.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Losing Anikeenko certainly hurts, I wonder who will play with Zubarev now. I think the first goal will be crucial, at least if Sweden gets it - Russia hasn't exactly been behind much this tournament so they might panic or get frustrated in response to being down.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Well, you can put it this way: Kurmann is a curseword here in Finland.

He has ruined team Finland's chances countless times at the men's world championships.

He's on par with Alex Dell :madfire: and Rick Looker.

Rick Looker... everytime i hear that name, a chill runs down my spine.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
I thought I could not watch the game since I was scheduled for work this afternoon... but last night I fell down hard from my bicycle slipping on ice. My back hurts soooooooo baaaad, I can't walk... BUT I CAN WATCH THE GAME LIVE!!!!!!!:yo:

Россия вперед!!!

bulgaria

Mar 13, 2006
photo-forum.net

Hi everybody!I am from Bulgaria and I am a great fan of Russia!Please tell me will RTR Planeta Sport or ORT show the game against Sweden,because I don't have NTV+?
I have only these two russians chanels and I think,somebody wrote in this forum, that if Russia play on semifinal, RTR Planeta Sport will show the game!
Is it true?
Please give me some opportunity to watch the game.
Thanks!

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Hi everybody!I am from Bulgaria and I am a great fan of Russia!Please tell me will RTR Planeta Sport or ORT show the game against Sweden,because I don't have NTV+?
I have only these two russians chanels and I think,somebody wrote in this forum, that if Russia play on semifinal, RTR Planeta Sport will show the game!
Is it true?
Please give me some opportunity to watch the game.
Thanks!

This is also going to be stremed online by www.tsn.ca(click broadband link) I hope it works in your area.

Or in French (Which I have a hard time reading in )

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/mondial/mondial2007/webcast.html

Last edited:

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Hmm, not sure who to root for as a Caps fan: Backstrom or Varlamov? Oh well, hope they both play great. At least one will get a shot at the Gold, and the other a chance for Bronze

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The truth behind the attendance problem yesterday...

http://www.svenskafans.com/hockeyzon/artikel.asp?id=147346

"Additionally behind the fact that Sweden were cleared for the quarter final late and the selling of the tickets started late, there was another big reason for the bad attendance. On the ticnet website, it said no tickets were available - it was already sold out. Ticnet has not spoken about this, but your own JWC watchman on place has found out the facts. On Ticnet's webpage when you're about to book a ticket, it's a red cross that means "fully booked." The reason for this is the game lies to close in time to be booked on their web site. So for you who want to watch the game tonight (live), there are still tickets left. This was confirmed in a press release from the Swedish IceHockey Association."

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Effing ref! The refs ****! So... now when that's taken care of, I'm going to watch the game. :dunce:

Tough game, hopefully hjalmarsson and co can keep the big hits coming :bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->