PGT: WJC Semi Finals: Game 28 | Finland Advances over Switzerland 6-1

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
True, Gross went higher (and Geisser, had he played, also went 120th overall). But Kurashev looks like a much better prospect than Gross at this point, and so does Berni.

What will be interesting to see is who from this Swiss team gets drafted now. Runs like this at the WJC give players profile (Tomas Tatar comes to mind), and beyond Eggenberger, I also wonder if Bruschweiler, Moser and maybe Muller get a look as a result.

I agree with the rest but Brüschweiler and Müller are meh...if you ask me at least. Solid players of course but no NHL potential in my view. Moser is great but seriously needs to hit the gym. Another interesting defender is Le Coultre. Akira Schmid is a huge goalie prospect and amongst the forwards, Leuenberger and certainly Nussbaumer have NHL-talent.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Congratulation to Finland!
I'm surprised about the high score. I expected a tougher game after the win of the Swiss against Sweden. Finland outplayed Switzerland with 33 to 17 shots on the goal.

It seems Ahokas prepared the team very well for this game. I hope Finland can win now the gold medal game too.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I have a question for those wjo watched the game (because I only watched the highlights):

I see Heponiemi had 4 pts in this game and he is a player that racks up points regularly in general, but looking at all the goals that happened this game, he didn't do anything special on any of them. Is he an offensive dynamo who generates a lot of scoring chances in subtile ways or just lucky to be playing with good linemates and be at the right place/right time?

If I had seen the whole game, it would probably be much easier to assess his play, but I couldn't.

Monaakko

Oct 8, 2011
Finland
I have a question for those wjo watched the game (because I only watched the highlights):

I see Heponiemi had 4 pts in this game and he is a player that racks up points regularly in general, but looking at all the goals that happened this game, he didn't do anything special on any of them. Is he an offensive dynamo who generates a lot of scoring chances in subtile ways or just lucky to be playing with good linemates and be at the right place/right time?

If I had seen the whole game, it would probably be much easier to assess his play, but I couldn't.

I've been thinking about this for some time regarding Heponiemi. He doesn't seem to have any one skill that stands out. He's a decent skater (good/great edge work, decent speed, could use some explosiveness though), good stickhandler, good passer, has good vision, has an ok shot, isn't physical at all and plays on the perimeter a lot. He has good hockey IQ and usually makes good decisions with the puck which leads to points, but his NHL future is very uncertain due to his lack of explosiveness and physicality as well as his timidness and play without the puck. He just seems incapable of winning a puck battle and avoids crowded areas like the plague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad