4 LAT 1 0 0 1 4:7 -3 0

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Switzerland/Latvia is the only game really worth noting

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Lets get this tourney to 12 teams and relegate 2 then if they would like. It would be nice to have four quarter finals , getting rid of the ridiculous bye. I hear of the possibility of a four team tourney between those relegated and those promoted. It would be better than the current system but I like the idea of 12 better. Teams can stay up longer in the top division and play against premier opposition and be before most of the scouts. Not as many scouts get to Denmark or Italy for Div 1.

Transported Upstater

go kim johnsson 514 said:
Switzerland/Latvia is the only game really worth noting

I liked what I saw of Latvia at the last World Championship. Great fans. I think the nation has a bright future.

I also think the Swiss have the potential to unseat Germany as the last member of the "Big 8", because the Swiss junior program seems to be on the rise.

Ogopogo*

TransportedUpstater said:
I liked what I saw of Latvia at the last World Championship. Great fans. I think the nation has a bright future.

I also think the Swiss have the potential to unseat Germany as the last member of the "Big 8", because the Swiss junior program seems to be on the rise.

I attended the Latvia/Slovakia game and it was easily the best of the four games I attended. Latvia showed some fight made a valiant effort to make a comeback. The Kelowna crowd supported the underdog Latvians very loudly.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Go Slovakia, would suck big time if they get regulated since I already missed the chance to see Juraj Mikus this wjc's, hopefully I can see him play at next years in Sweden as long as Canada or USA play against Slovakia or I hit the lotto quit my job and fly over to Sweden. :yo:

After a unlucky tournament last year, what happened to them this year? I haven't had the chance to see them so I don't really know how they have been playing? I thought Halak was really good at last years tournament, how was the goaltending/defense this year?

Anyone that saw the Slovaks play, was Mikus knocked off the puck easy? it seems to be a problem from what I saw at the U-18's.

Jazz

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Lets get this tourney to 12 teams and relegate 2 then if they would like. It would be nice to have four quarter finals , getting rid of the ridiculous bye. I hear of the possibility of a four team tourney between those relegated and those promoted. It would be better than the current system but I like the idea of 12 better. Teams can stay up longer in the top division and play against premier opposition and be before most of the scouts. Not as many scouts get to Denmark or Italy for Div 1.
This is what I have been saying for years.

Even when I was lucky enough to run into Bob Nicholson on Thursday (Hockey Canada Federation president), I pitched this idea to him, especially since Belarus and Germany have been yo-yoing between the elite and Div I for the past 4 years. He is concerned about more games like 9-1 (FIN-NOR). He suggested that the Top-2 or 4 of Div I and the bottom 2 of the elite should play a qualification tournament every year to determine which 2 will play in the elite pool.

Interesting idea, but I still think 12 teams is a better idea.

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Well, the real tourney just started for Latvia. Yeah, you dont go to tournament just to avoid relegation and loose easily to those teams this doesnt concern. Game with Slovakia was important and we lost it, now we need 2 wins :yo: Anyway im praying to hockey god so our youngster can hold on to this position. Speaking about makeing this tourney bigger, well im with all hands and legs for this idea. :)

prospera

May 15, 2005
support from kelowna fans

Ogopogo said:
I attended the Latvia/Slovakia game and it was easily the best of the four games I attended. Latvia showed some fight made a valiant effort to make a comeback. The Kelowna crowd supported the underdog Latvians very loudly.
that's probably because kelowna's # 10 Lauris Darzins is from Latvia and was instrumental in getting his team into this tournament but is too old to play in it this year.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
TransportedUpstater said:

Switzerland is already the 8th nation before the germans.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
I don't know about having 12 teams. As someone here suggested, I like the idea of an August tournament with the 2 relegated teams and 2 promoted teams.

That way the 2 best teams play.

There have been waaaaaaaay too many examples of a team getting promoted, having all its players graduate and having an entirely different team playing in the top pool. France is a great example of that.

How exactly is a nation going to grow in hockey by getting pounded in the top pool???? Adding 2 more teams just makes for more pointless matches and a greater chance of an injury occurring. Just my opinion.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Jazz said:
I was at the game. Martins Karsums (Moncton) impressed me.

Here are some pictures

It's marvellous seeing yours pictures. Thank you

And I'll have a look on Karsums by now.

How many burgers do you eat in one game?? :sarcasm:

ps: Je suis très fier que la Suisse puisse avoir un niveau semblable avec une équipe considérée comme faible sur le papier!

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Well, we had dream... Anyway, was nice to see latvian youngsters playing against some U20 top teams. To finish the tourny with a head up, we MUST beat Norway. As for the rest of you guys, see ya in Torino, first game Latvia -USA :D

insider

Nov 14, 2003
swisdan said:
ps: Je suis très fier que la Suisse puisse avoir un niveau semblable avec une équipe considérée comme faible sur le papier!

Moi aussi. N'est-ce pas exellent ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->