WJC QF1: Jan 2 GDT - Slovakia vs. Czech Republic (2-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I watched the final two periods of this mornings game. First off, let me say, you Easterns have finally, for once, got a better time zone to watch hockey in. Getting up at 5:30 AM to watch hockey is just impossible for me. 6:30 I can manage, but 5:30 is just not happening. Can anyone tell me which games are on tommorrow (I believe there is a double-header)? And at what time? I desperatly want to see BOTH games, since they are showing the US game, and I'm really, really wanting to see their team. I think they are a fantastic bunch over there!

As for this game, god does Slovakia suck. They had a lot of pressure early on, but then the Czech's got their heads out of their rear-ends and put the boots to them. I see no Palffy's or Hossa's or anything similar for the future on the Slovakia team. Their goaltender, Halak, looked prone.

The Czechs didn't look a lot better. They are fast and move the puck around well, but this is the second game I've seen them play, and they are just so soft. They will be able to beat the Slovakia's around the world with ease, but if they run into the Russians, Americans, or Canadians, they're going down, and quickly. This was my first look at Schwartz, and I must say, I was very impressed. He looks like he could be the best goalie in the draft, though I still haven't seen Montoya play.

Hudler looked good, but again, it was a soft game. I think his puck movement game does have a lot of urgency to it, which is nice. He can shoot and pass quickly, which is what smaller players must do to survive. He really looked like Stevey Sullivan out there.

Fleischman was okay. Looks very similar to Hudler, but not quite as good.

The game itself probobly wasn't worth getting up for. Still, the Czechs are gonna get railroaded again next game, bank on it. Unless Schwartz pulls his best Dominic Hasek impression, the Canadians should be able to stop the Czechs in their tracks with their big forwards and defensemen.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
nyr4life5186 said:
How has Ivan Baranka looked for Slovakia?

Thanks in advance!

He was their best d-men out there . He has a nice offensive flair and he's very good in his own end too .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad