WJC QF1: Jan 2 GDT - Slovakia vs. Czech Republic (2-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Slovakia vs. Czech Republic

A very interesting game.
Slovakia has been a positve surprise in this tournament while the Czechs have been less impressive.

I'm predicting an upset here
5-3 Slovakia

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Best game of the day IMO. Should be a hotly contested back and forth affair. I predict a low scoring, 2-1 victory for the Czechs, setting up a rematch with Canada in the semis.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Btw TSN is covering this game and will be on Center Ice Bright and Early at 5:30 for Everyone on the WEST COAST. 8:30 EST. Go Slovaks. And GO USA.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Slovakia wins in a shootout. Yes, you heard it here first :) That's assuming the shootout occurs in the quarters. It does, right?

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
How has Nemec looked??? I've seen that he has a few goals, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about his overall performance. Thanks in advance.

chicpea*

A nice and early game for me. I say Slovakia 1-0. I have seen no A pool games as of yet so thank you TSN (for once).

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
The Czechs didn't look good against Canada, dissapointed me as I thought they were going to be a lot better. However, they'll show up for this game and pull a 3-1 victory over Slovakia.

Aver33

Apr 26, 2002
5-2 Czech Rep. Schwarz plays a good game and the Czech will yurn for that rematch with Canada in the next round. I can see the Czech meeting Canada in the Semi's and playing a better game.

bobbyboucher24

May 9, 2002
Philadelphia, USA
Visit site
I have a lot of friends in the Czech Republic, but I have even more family in Slovakia. As a Flyers fan, I would love a great performance from Ruzicka. Hoping for a 3-2 Slovak win. These 2 countries are like brothers wanting to best the other, so should make for a good game.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Dec 4, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
This is starting to lok bad for the Slovaks.

4-2; I think Klepis (didnt reall catch the name) got the goal on a nice shot on a semi-break.

2nd intermission. I'm leaving so no more updates (if anyone is actually reading this) for the 3rd, sorry.

Last edited:

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
KillerWhale said:
Czechs come out with a strong performance from their netminder and end up winning 4-2.

All bow down to my superior prediction :handclap:

Well should be a good semi between Canada and Czech Republic, they just played each other not that long ago and should have some idea of how each team plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad