WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - USA vs. Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Draft Guru said:
You referring to JJ's phantom elbow on Downie?

:shakehead Just because it didn't connect doesn't make it a phantom elbow. Johnson's intent was beyond obvious, he was leaning with his elbow. Nothing phantom about it.

Go CZECHS! I think this will be a close one but the US will come out on top.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Red said:
:shakehead Just because it didn't connect doesn't make it a phantom elbow. Johnson's intent was beyond obvious, he was leaning with his elbow. Nothing phantom about it.

Go CZECHS! I think this will be a close one but the US will come out on top.

Wait...your telling me JJ didn't even touch Downie? What was downie doing on the ice for 5 minutes ?

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:
Wait...your telling me JJ didn't even touch Downie? What was downie doing on the ice for 5 minutes ?

I think you quoted the wrong person or misunderstood. I was answering the person who said the elbow was a phantom one, and while it was more miss than hit, that doesn't get rid of the intent to injure. Ergo, it's not a "phantom" elbow.

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Please take the Jack Johnson elbow talk to one of the threads open on the subject. This thread is for tonights game. Thanks.

VladNYC*

This music is pissing me off! It sounds like something they would play in the backround at a hospital while the doctor tells you you have an STD.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
TransportedUpstater said:
Sorry for picking on your post, but I 100% guarantee this thread is gone if the elbow is brought up. If you want to talk about the elbow, there are two other threads about it.

Chill out, I was just asking what he meant. Not trying to bait anybody.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYR2 said:
Oh, does anyone know what channel this is on DirecTV?

It might be 769, but nothing is on yet, they just have a "DirecTV Screen Up" the only hockey channel that has one up.

Anyone with CI have the game on yet?

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Yep, not getting anything either.

Man if they don't air this after it got around that they were, I'm going to be pissed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad