WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Sweden 5 Czech Republic 1

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Not only was he a total non-factor and made some very poor decisions, he was diving. How this guy was a first round pick is beyond me. I just can't see him as a skilled NHL player. I've been watching him in tournaments for four years now and he just hasn't improved. He was the same player (with less ice time) three years ago in Grand Forks. People say he has some kind of offensive upside but his skill level has never struck me as high. He doesn't have any different skill that dozens of other kids in his age group have. If he makes the NHL as an offensive player I'll be surprized.

Still, you can't be passing full judgement on a player thats only 18(?) years old. He can still develope. Otherwise i agree, he played very average.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
It's completely pathetic that the Swedes can't sell out that game. They're in the semi's and it looks like a good chunk of the seats are still available. And thats a hockey nation???

Accordning to swedish media this morning it seems that many got fooled into thinking the game was sold out by the site that sells the ticets.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
How about Gothenburg and Jönköping? Gothenburg could host the event by them self since we have two arenas which are bigger then the ones in Leksand/Mora.

Remeber the WCH that were moved to Gothenburg in 2000. Finland had a huge advantage over the Swedes in the stands when they met, there were 7000 in the stands in the Scandinavium, and atleast 4500 of them were finnish, I were there and it was a freakin joke.

Tournaments like these are hard to have in Sweden. The national teams in hockey draws a tremendous amount of viewers on TV but really few to the stands.

Everyone talks about how big the WJC are in Canada, I am willing to bet that if the WJC were broadcasted on TV 1, Kanal 2, TV3 or 4, Sweden would have better TV numbers then TSN. If we make the finals, our 24 will probably also have better numbers then TSN in Canada.

The freakin Euro Hockey Tour have had better viewer numbers, in percentage of course, then the Super Bowl in the US. So while some complain on the Swedes for not showing up in the arenas, they are darn good at watching Hockey at home in the sofa... ;)

espo*

Remeber the WCH that were moved to Gothenburg in 2000. Finland had a huge advantage over the Swedes in the stands when they met, there were 7000 in the stands in the Scandinavium, and atleast 4500 of them were finnish, I were there and it was a freakin joke.

Tournaments like these are hard to have in Sweden. The national teams in hockey draws a tremendous amount of viewers on TV but really few to the stands.

Everyone talks about how big the WJC are in Canada, I am willing to bet that if the WJC were broadcasted on TV 1, Kanal 2, TV3 or 4, Sweden would have better TV numbers then TSN. If we make the finals, our 24 will probably also have better numbers then TSN in Canada.

The freakin Euro Hockey Tour have had better viewer numbers, in percentage of course, then the Super Bowl in the US. So while some complain on the Swedes for not showing up in the arenas, they are darn good at watching Hockey at home in the sofa... ;)

I doubt it(better ratings) the reason they probably are'nt on those channels you list is because the interest isn't there for it to start off with.

The tournament is more popular in Canada then anywhere,it's not even remotely close.

Just the way it is.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I doubt it(better ratings) the reason they probably are'nt on those channels you list is because the interest isn't there for it to start off with.

The tournament is more popular in Canada then anywhere,it's not even remotely close.

Just the way it is.

Ratings are usually great in Sweden for hockey, like Ola said, I have seen numbers of Euro Hockey Tour with over 1 million viewers, that is very high in a country with 9 million for a tournament that is quite uninteresting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->