WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Finland 3 vs. USA 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Nice save by Rask, but they couldn't clear it. 1-0.

Probably killed the momentum which was clearly in Finlands favor, but let's hope not.

lilooet*

Well, it was listed on there until right before the game. I understand **** happens but I'd have liked to have known before I invited a bunch of people over to watch it.

I feel for you. That totally sucks. The other day, ten minutes into the Canada-US game the Hydro company knocked on my door to announce that they would be repairing the power pole outside my house "in precisely seven minutes." As the game was a morning one, I was hard pressed to find a pub that was even open, but luckily only missed about 12 minutes of the game. Nevertheless I was infuriated.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm ok with Center Ice not showing the game, however Versus completely dropped the ball on their coverage. They announced the team and then acted as if the tournament no longer existed. I planned my entire day around watching the game. This is my only day off for about 10 days.

Here is a list of programming on Versus for the next 3 hours (time that could be devoted to the game)

1:30 - "Watts Up" Twin brothers who compete in fishing challenges
2:00 - "Fly Fishing America" self-explanatory
2:30 - "Outdoor Product Showcase" A look at latest new outdoor products
3:00 - "Fishing with Roland Martin" Fishing adventures around the world and tips on becoming a better fisherman
3:30 - "E-Force" A wild alligator is rescused from a fence, and a boy is hurt in a boating accident
4:00 - "Bull Riding" Watch hicks who think they're cowboys get thrown from 700 pound raging beasts and almost get stomped on like they're ants in a old lady's garden

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'm ok with Center Ice not showing the game, however Versus completely dropped the ball on their coverage. They announced the team and then acted as if the tournament no longer existed. I planned my entire day around watching the game. This is my only day off for about 10 days.

Here is a list of programming on Versus for the next 3 hours (time that could be devoted to the game)

1:30 - "Watts Up" Twin brothers who compete in fishing challenges
2:00 - "Fly Fishing America" self-explanatory
2:30 - "Outdoor Product Showcase" A look at latest new outdoor products
3:00 - "Fishing with Roland Martin" Fishing adventures around the world and tips on becoming a better fisherman
3:30 - "E-Force" A wild alligator is rescused from a fence, and a boy is hurt in a boating accident
4:00 - "Bull Riding" Watch hicks who think they're cowboys get thrown from 700 pound raging beasts and almost get stomped on like they're ants in a old lady's garden

Thanks for the heads up!!

Joretus

Nice play by Joensuu, first of this tournament. But Sandell hits just crossbar.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This broadcast isn´t bad. Respect to this play-by-play team.

Edit: This USA hockey advertisement is brutal. Could they find someone literate to read this?

Joretus

1min left of first period, PP time and what does Tolvanen do, puts in freaking 2nd PP line. WAKE UP TOLVANEN! :banghead:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
US players are using quite a bit clutching and grabbing.

Getting called for it now. I'm liking this ref more than any previous ref I've seen in this tournament. At least this guy seems to have a line... well, he still has two periods left to **** it up.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I hope they ask Waddel why he traded Jack Johnson. Waddel says that three players on the USA team are top prospects, then they don´t ask which three. That infuriates me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad