WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Finland 3 vs. USA 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastyflyergirl

Sep 28, 2006
USA to win.

Did we ever find out why this game isn't the one being shown on TSN?

the better question is, why is Versus, the so called hockey network in the USA, not carrying any of the games? The NHL needs to learn a little about marketing. Here is a tournament with some of the best young talent not in the NHL. What a great way to show young talent from all of the world.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
I don't know if that works either, I've tried it before when I was in Germany and it didn't. Anyways, I could probably get the link but I'm still thinking about whether I should because it might slow it down if there's a lot of people watching (it was a pain watching the Olympics) and they might even pull it completely.
Ok

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Rask must put forth a super-human effort if the finns want to have a chance to win this game.

Team USA is gonna win with relative ease if our guys plan to spend half the game in the penalty box again.

Team Finlands game plan should be simple: No more idiotic penalties!!

Team USA scares me, the win versus Sweden and the emotional boost was just the thing they needed to get into this tournament.

Team Finland comes into this game on an emotional low with our butts still sore after the spanking the Russians gave us. That game exposed our biggest weakness, discipline, in a horrible way.

If this game is anything like team Finlands previous games USA will win by a 4 or 5 goal margin.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
the better question is, why is Versus, the so called hockey network in the USA, not carrying any of the games? The NHL needs to learn a little about marketing. Here is a tournament with some of the best young talent not in the NHL. What a great way to show young talent from all of the world.

Your pt is absolutely right and the NHL should be listening, these are the future stars of their league and the hockey being played is exciting and fun to watch as these kids are laying it all out for their country.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
I just checked the US CI games for today and the US game is not on, and if it is the case that TSN is not picking up the game then it wont be on.

As a Team Canada fan I need to US to win to have any shot at seeing the game tomorrow down here. A Fin win and no more games in the States on CI.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Can any Finlanders give us a scouting report on Jesse Joensuu's play in this tourney?

To put it simply: Bad.

He's basically not doing anything. He looks like he's trying, but it never goes anywhere. Sometimes he's fast, sometimes he's slow, but even when he's fast he can hardly ever carry the puck at the same time.

He seems to always be behind and he's not doing so strongly in the physical aspects of the game either. Sometimes it almost seems like he doesn't want to be there. He certainly doesn't look like he's enjoying himself out there.

His biggest fault is definitely the fact that he's never doing the right thing with the puck and loses it too easily.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I just checked the US CI games for today and the US game is not on, and if it is the case that TSN is not picking up the game then it wont be on.

As a Team Canada fan I need to US to win to have any shot at seeing the game tomorrow down here. A Fin win and no more games in the States on CI.

It shows it on the guide as being on CI with pregame begining at one O'Clock :dunno:

bling

Jun 23, 2004
My Center Ice menu has USA/Finland (TSN feed) listed as begining at 11:30 MST!

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Dish Network channel 541, if its not on TSN I dont know what feed they are getting though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad