Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Brock said:
really? wow, I had no idea.

What was the surgery on?

It was his hip. I don't know what exactly the procedure was (based on my poor translation, I seems like it was to repair torn cartiledge in his hip), but it was not the news I had been looking for this year.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Rabid Ranger said:
I really enjoyed your article Brock, nice effort all the way around, and very objective. I just have a feeling that Montoya will be up to the task, and the U.S's considerable advantage chemistry wise will elevate them to a medal, hopefully gold.

I believe that as of this moment, on paper, this is a 4 team tournament this year between Canada, the US, Russia and the Czech's whom are icing a better team than there competitors. I think the Fins and Swedes are a step below and will really have to overachieve to medal.

Essentially any four of the teams i mentioned could easily win gold IMO.

chicpea*

yes,
it was fine reportage. Brock, I think you nailed down the finer points for sure. I think, however, you should have mentioned S. Lepisto on the Finnish D. He seems to be their point man and if there is going to be an upset, you can guarantee it'll come from the Finnish camp (after all, the USA are no longer underdogs right? ;) ).

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Brock my good man i hate to nitpick but Toivonen was cut from Finland's team last year. Tuomas Nissinen was the backup and won the bronze medal game. he was damn good. Toivonen carries their hopes this year. Good article.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Does anyone know what Switzerland's options in goal are now that Stephan's out?

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Manzato plays with Victoriaville and outplayed Stephan last year. Tobler isd the other up and comer. If Manzato played from the start last year this team may have been even better. Stephan really struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad