GDT: WJC Pre-Competition: Team USA (Galchenyuk) vs Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Seriously some of the concerns may be that... the argument about only being pre-tournement game doesnt hold up because its just galchenyuk who hasnt been used the right way... and its not just one game its both games... housley is just being a bad coach reminds me on levebre with hamilton the way he handle Leblanc.. just clueless lol

CP31

Jun 19, 2012
Welland, ON
Guys stop freaking out. Housley is rolling all 4 lines right now because these games are only important for making cuts. I garentee they will rely heavil on their top 2 lines instead of using all 4 like right now.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
If they can't catch a puck pre-competition, why could they during the tournament?

They could because the coaching staff is going to see who exactly can't catch pucks and instead play those who can.

There is no use for them to play Gally 25mins and risk him getting injured, they know very well he's their best player.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
- Seeing him at LW just pisses me off. If USA was stacked at center like Canada is I could accept it...but Miller and Trocheck?!

The argument is and has always been this season "X is just a center." That really annoys me. I'm certain Miller can play wing. I'm sure someone else can play wing, and Trocheck can be a 3rd line center if it's somehow more paramount that Miller play center than it is for Galchenyuk.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Yup, Miller can play wing. Lots of sources have him listed as either a LW or RW.

In fact, during their summer camp Galchenyuk was often centering Miller and Gaudreau.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't buy the "Trocheck is just a center" argument. You work around your best players, and in this tournament, Galchenyuk is the USA's best player.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My teeth itch when I see him, or read posts, about him playing anything but center. Over a decade we've needed a big skilled center and a franchise player. Now, we apparently have both in Gally. I say run with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad