GDT: WJC Pre-Competition: Canada (Hudon) vs. Finland | 9:30am et | TSN

PricePkPatch*

Must... resist... flaming... Boston fans..

Must.. not... flame... "Subban is a Bust!"..

Must... preserve... logic in the universe....

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Hudon needs to get a lot stronger, he is getting pushed off the puck easily by other players.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Where's the speed and energy Canada usually plays with? No speed coming through the neutral zone.

Keeping an eye on a couple of players. Ryan Murphy looks good. His IQ, poise and positioning is pretty good.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Ok I just had a fantasy. Subban does so bad he gets pulled. Team Canada goes on to win the gold.
Boston sees Subban do so bad they trade Subban away for a bag of pucks out west. Habs see all this and trade with Subban's new team for him. Subban now belongs to the Habs and goes on to be the Habs next Ken Dryden. Habs "PUCK" the Bruins again:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Wake up call for Canada. Only way to see that... Also hope they'll get another big body to replace Ritchie, like Adam Lowry, Anthony Mantha or even give another chance to Tom Wilson. We need someone with a power game...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I only got to watch the 3rd, but if Ryan Murphy played that way the whole game, I'm not surprised he won POTG. Looked good. Poise, positioning and IQ.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
meh.

I am left feeling pretty apathetic after that game. (I missed the last half of the 2nd period)

Pro:
-Armia was better than everyone else
-The Hudon/Jenner combo was "decent" and will likely get increased minutes as the tournament goes on.
-Nice assist for RNH on the Shiefele goal
-Its only exhibition

Con:
-Subban... He looked weak in his crease and his snazzy glove hand let in a stinker for the GWG.
-Team discipline... I had flashbacks to the Boone Jenner spearing penalty against Russia last year.
-Dougie Hamilton is losing his shine in my eyes... just not standing out as a big game player. (ESPECIALLY when compared to his draft "plays like" Pronger)
-Ryan Murphy is going to disappoint many teams (I am banking on Carolina trading him before he hits 3 seasons with them), his passes rarely found a Canadian and he looks about as bad as in the summer series. I will also add that I've never really been a fan of his, so I might be a bit biased, he may have won POTG... but he wouldn't have gotten that vote from me.
-Ryan Strome... see Ryan Murphy. I have never seen him deliver.

now... Time to watch Galchenyuk!!

MarkersMark*

Yeah Drouin is not ready.

Very excited to watch Seth Jones and Barkov though.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Give him time? This tourney is about riding with the best keeper, if he continues, I see Patty taking his spot. This is the third game I've seen him play and he's been shaky. It is gonna be the same scenario like last year.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
Give him time? This tourney is about riding with the best keeper, if he continues, I see Patty taking his spot. This is the third game I've seen him play and he's been shaky. It is gonna be the same scenario like last year.

This is the exhibition. He's getting the first start against Germany. I was worried when Carey Price started slow in his WJC year too, but he turned it on and ended up winning MVP honours. This was still exhibition.

I agree with you that Brossoit should have made the team. But I am not going to jump on the pull Subban bandwagon until the tournament actually starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad