WJC on Center Ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

kobasew07 said:
No, I think that the only US games that you guys will get is the medal round and potential medal games. At least that's what I got from the statement that Van produced.

What I understood from the IIHF's message, was that each and every tournament game would be broadcast on Center Ice....especially since the question I had asked was if Center Ice would be broadcasting each and every game.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Van said:
What I understood from the IIHF's message, was that each and every tournament game would be broadcast on Center Ice....especially since the question I had asked was if Center Ice would be broadcasting each and every game.

So far, no games on the Bell Expressvu Center Ice package. I believe that each provider may or may not broadcast 'extra' events (like the AHL all-star game, or NHL preseason action) at their own discretion.

That email you posted seems to imply that the tournament has agreed to *allow* Center Ice broadcast. There's no obligation, and I'm guessing Bell Expressvu (and probably Rogers Digital as well.. any proof?) decided there just weren't enough interested parties in Canada to broadcast games other than the ones TSN/CTV already has.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
tmg said:
So far, no games on the Bell Expressvu Center Ice package. I believe that each provider may or may not broadcast 'extra' events (like the AHL all-star game, or NHL preseason action) at their own discretion.

That email you posted seems to imply that the tournament has agreed to *allow* Center Ice broadcast. There's no obligation, and I'm guessing Bell Expressvu (and probably Rogers Digital as well.. any proof?) decided there just weren't enough interested parties in Canada to broadcast games other than the ones TSN/CTV already has.

Down here in the States the cable Center Ice (InDemand) is showing the games.

The DirecTV Center Ice package (which I subsribe to) is so far only showing that the upcoming Canada/Czech game on the 31st will be televised.

Hockeypuck

Van said:
Only games on Center Ice in the USA are the team Canada games. I watched Canada vs Finland yesterday and Center Ice only shows Canada vs Czech Republic tomorrow. Unfortunately the US doesn't give a crap about the US games.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Hockeypuck said:
Only games on Center Ice in the USA are the team Canada games. I watched Canada vs Finland yesterday and Center Ice only shows Canada vs Czech Republic tomorrow. Unfortunately the US doesn't give a crap about the US games.

Saw this on another thread.

If you are in the States and have Directv Center Ice, check the morning of a game (ie this morning Canada vs. Swiss) to see if it is on your NHL Center Ice lineup.

Last night the Canada vs. Swiss game wasn't listed on the on screen guide, but this morning it was and it was the TSN feed from Canada.

The Canada vs. Ukraine game tomorrow is now showing up on the on screen guide as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->