WJC Group B: Dec 30 GDT - Sweden vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
I am loving this. Bäckström... nice....

Check out the production of the '87 born guys tonight. Too bad that Bergfors will most likely miss the tournament next year. It would be so fun to see him tear it up on home ice.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Riddarn said:
Check out the production of the '87 born guys tonight. Too bad that Bergfors will most likely miss the tournament next year. It would be so fun to see him tear it up on home ice.

Fredrik Pettersson 2+1
Mattias Ritola 1+2
Nicklas Bäckström 3+1
Nicklas Bergfors 1+3

Yup. Looks good to me.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Congrats to Sweden! You most likely won't finnish 1st in the group but comparing the Sweden-Latvia game to the Russia-Latvia game, I think you will win your first knockout game (which should be a fairly easy one against Switzerland who I am predicting will beat out Finland for that 3rd place in the group) and then possibly beat Russia for a trip to the finals!

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Slitty said:
Congrats to Sweden! You most likely won't finnish 1st in the group but comparing the Sweden-Latvia game to the Russia-Latvia game, I think you will win your first knockout game (which should be a fairly easy one against Switzerland who I am predicting will beat out Finland for that 3rd place in the group) and then possibly beat Russia for a trip to the finals!

The only team that can beat russia is Canada IMO. Because of the home ice !
I expect Malkin come up big in the qurter/semis/final game !

and hey slitty "fairly easy one against Switzerland" ? :biglaugh:

SChan*

whoohoo great game by my local boy bäckström (yes he is born in the same town as me)

Also great game by bergfors.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Last edited:

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Riddarn said:
Something must be very wrong. IIHF.com claims the shots were 27-4 after the first.

Nope that wasn't a mistake. I went to the game, and the puck was in Latvia's end for about 19:00 mins. of the 1st period. That Latvian goalie played pretty damn good, despite the score. Started to feel sorry for the guy, was getting peppered all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->