WJC Group B: Dec 28 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
***! And how come Sweden has 15 shots on goal and the czechs only 2? Aren't we supposed to be getting our asses kicked by them?

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Naah it is a bit shakky, just got the scorer for the czech goal, would love it if SVT sent this tournament, even if they didnt have any commentators (ohh well, I really like it better without so I guess that would be a postive thing).

Look at the shots now, before they were 15-2, now they are up to 15-12. Is it IIHF that is having problems or the swedes with keeping them back?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Two goal lead going into the third. That should be a good margin, but somehow I don't think it will be enough.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
This win will be very important if Sweden defeates Slovakia and Latvia as well. We will finish second in the group and likely square off against Finland (assuming that Canada and USA finishes 1,2 in the other group) in the quarter final. Not saying Finland is an easy opponent, but I certainly prefer them instead of US,CAN.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Good thing that Slovakia plays the Czechs the day before they play us. Not saying that Latvia will be a pushover, but it could give us a little edge.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Predatore said:
This win will be very important if Sweden defeates Slovakia and Latvia as well. We will finish second in the group and likely square off against Finland (assuming that Canada and USA finishes 1,2 in the other group) in the quarter final. Not saying Finland is an easy opponent, but I certainly prefer them instead of US,CAN.

I really hope Tre Ören pulls this one off. The Nordics have yet to face for elimination in the WJC this decade and we want you almost as much as you want us.

...But with our luck, the Czechs manage an upset with a three-goal spread against Russia, then Finland gets Russia and Sweden gets the States. Even so, I'm counting chickens before they hatch here.

espo*

Wow,just caught sportsdesk and see Sweden won.Thats gotta raise their spirits.

SChan*

cyclops said:
Wow,just caught sportsdesk and see Sweden won.Thats gotta raise their spirits.

yeah, though maybe the czech team is a bit weak this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad