WJC Group B: Dec 27 GDT - Switzerland vs. Ukraine (11-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WJC Group B: Dec 27 GDT - Switzerland vs. Ukraine

Switzerland will play Ukraine in their opening game of the tournament.
Ukraine lost to the Czech Rep 8-0 yesterday.

Prediction: 6-1 Switzerland

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
This is the game that if Ukraine wants to get at least one point out of the tournament, this is the game to do it in. Ain't no way the Ukrainians are gonna get blown out by the Swiss!

3-3 Hopefully.

BCCHL inactive

Although this is only the first game, the Swiss don't exactly have an easy draw. Playing your first game against a team that just got blown out of the water the day before is no easy task. Ukraine, although not expected to challenge for anything but a return trip to Division I, will be pissed off and ready to play to the best of their abilities.

I think this game will be closer than some people expect it to be, simply because of Ukraine's mentality. They have nothing to lose, and the Swiss are no Czech Republic.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Zherdev said:
This is the game that if Ukraine wants to get at least one point out of the tournament, this is the game to do it in. Ain't no way the Ukrainians are gonna get blown out by the Swiss!

3-3 Hopefully.

Seems Ukraine has big problems against the Swiss. 0-8 after two periods. I wonder how strong team Switzerland really is, perhaps they could even challenge Finland for the third spot in the group (if Finland loses to the Czech Republic, that is).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zherdev said:

3-3 Hopefully.
LMAO!:joker:
11-0 and the game is not over yet!
1G, 2A for Bartschi so far.

Strizzi

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
Wow, that couldn't be expected.

Stats of some drafted players: 3G 1A for Emanuel Peter, 1G 2A for both Bärtschi and Ramholt, 1G 1A for Seydoux.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
This was unexpected... I'm very disapointed in Ukraine's tactics, you can't win if if you can't shoot!

The reason Ukraine is very weak in this year's version of the team, it does not have much experience at all at the international level. The Ukrainian team that got them to the main WJC tournament, only a couple players returned and the core of the team was all gone (not eligable). So then Ukraine were out to find talent from the U18 tournament, but the talent was thin. I think another year of Div 1 WJC will help Ukraine gain more confidence next year...

Last edited:

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Switzerland beats Ukraine 11:0!!!

I'm sure they will play a great Tournement! And Bärtschi will be once again the topscorer!

By the way, Ramholt has shown that he's one of (the best) defender in Finland!

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Zherdev said:
This was unexpected... I'm very disapointed in Ukraine's tactics, you can't win if if you can't shoot!

The reason Ukraine is very weak in this year's version of the team, it does not have much experience at all at the international level. The Ukrainian team that got them to the main WJC tournament, only a couple players returned and the core of the team was all gone (not eligable). So then Ukraine were out to find talent from the U18 tournament, but the talent was thin. I think another year of Div 1 WJC will help Ukraine gain more confidence next year...
Imo their main problem is their weight.Their heaviest player is 176.

brian

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Ukraine's U18 team last year was relegated to Div II (Pool C) and a number of players from that team are in this tournament so it was not at all surprising that they were beaten that badly by Switzerland. I just wonder what goes on in the minds of players on teams like Ukraine and Austria. The players know that they are going to get creamed in most games, but to lose by such big scores day after day must be discouraging.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Nice to see the Flames two prospects (Peter, Ramholt) in the game combine for 7 points! Go Suisse!

Also note the Flames three defensemen at the WJC (Phaneuf, Ramholt, Johnsson) have all scored a goal after one game apiece. :yo:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And of the Pens prospects that have played so far, Talbot (1 assist), Nemec (2 assists), Fleury (shutout), Bartschi (1G, 2A) have contributed on the scoreboard significantely.
Now we need points for Anshakov, Isakov and Dixon.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Isakov was cut I think (we can take this discussion over to our thread at the Pens board, because we're venturing pretty far off topic...).

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Van said:
Although this is only the first game, the Swiss don't exactly have an easy draw. Playing your first game against a team that just got blown out of the water the day before is no easy task. Ukraine, although not expected to challenge for anything but a return trip to Division I, will be pissed off and ready to play to the best of their abilities.

I think this game will be closer than some people expect it to be, simply because of Ukraine's mentality. They have nothing to lose, and the Swiss are no Czech Republic.
This is why predictions are tough to make. Bet you want that back van!

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Predatore said:
Seems Ukraine has big problems against the Swiss. 0-8 after two periods. I wonder how strong team Switzerland really is, perhaps they could even challenge Finland for the third spot in the group (if Finland loses to the Czech Republic, that is).
Not having seen Switzerland its tough for me to say but i agree but i would say its a near certainty that Switzerland will be able to handle the Fins because that may be one of the weakest efforts i have ever seen a Finnish team put forth. I like Canada's team but Finland had nothing but Toivonen's desire in net. Switzerland will be as talented as the Finland - can they score the big goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad