WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Aaron Vickers said:
Swiss score on a two-man advantage, on a point shot deflected between the legs by the Canadian defender.

Nice tip by Staal ?

Zetterberg4Captain*

Wow does this ref like to call penalties. Canada now with a 2 man advantage! Nearly this whole game has been played with a man advantage.

What a goal by Downie!!!! Nice pass from Barker to Boyd and nice pass from Boyd to Downie. 1-1 now.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This ref is awful. Calling Berchtold's penalty charging is hilarious, but in a sad way.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
To touch upon what McGuire said in his conversation with Sutter about Boyd being in better shape and more mentally focused.

Compared to last season, Boyd is noticably bigger, both on and off the ice. At the Calgary Flames camp, he didn't look undersized, which most players do. Increasing his strength the way he has will only accelerate how quickly he'll make the Calgary Flames.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Aaron Vickers said:
To touch upon what McGuire said in his conversation with Sutter about Boyd being in better shape and more mentally focused.

Compared to last season, Boyd is noticably bigger, both on and off the ice. At the Calgary Flames camp, he didn't look undersized, which most players do. Increasing his strength the way he has will only accelerate how quickly he'll make the Calgary Flames.
He has been very impressive....Darn those Flames

Zetterberg4Captain*

Holy **** nice glove save. Bourdon robbed on the powerplay.

espo*

shakes said:
Terrible period by Canada so far...
Not the best but the Swiss deserve some credit,they are playing as good as they can and causing some trouble i think.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Switzerland are not afraid like Finland were. They can skate and most will hit. They lack top end skill but at least there is some entertainment here. I will not saymuch about the officiating. The teams have taken some penalties that are not deserved. I am now seeing another ******** call against the Swiss.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
cyclops said:
Not the best but the Swiss deserve some credit,they are playing as good as they can and causing some trouble i think.

They are being out-hustled and, that last hit notwithstanding, being out-hit.

Oh look.. the 10th penalty of the period

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Great identification by Downie to throw the puck back to the point when he saw the Swiss right winger slide down to try to attack him in the slot. Bourdon had a quality shot from the point that was handled nicely by the Swiss goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad