WJC Group A: Dec 27 GDT - Sweden vs. Austria (7-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WJC Group A: Dec 27 GDT - Sweden vs. Austria

Sweden enter the tournament against an Austrian team that lost to team USA 0-8 yesterday.

Prediction: 6-2 Sweden

BCCHL inactive

The Austrian said:
sweden is the only team which we can beat.

5:3 AUSTRIA

I admire your confidence. However, although Sweden is not expected to contend, I don't think Austria has the firepower (even with Vanek) to play on even par with anybody but Ukraine.

For this particular game, my opinions are the same as the SUI vs. UKR game. Austria just got killed yesterday, and are playing a team who hasn't yet stepped on the ice. The Austrians are going to be in a bad mood, and they could make it a reasonably close game....but in the end, a Swedish victory should be the end result.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
1-0 Sweden.
Power forward Patric Blomdahl scores Sweden's first goal in this tournament - assisted by Johan Andersson (Chicago) and Nicklas Eckerblom (Minnesota)

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Predatore said:
1-0 Sweden.
Power forward Patric Blomdahl scores Sweden's first goal in this tournament - assisted by Johan Andersson (Chicago) and Nicklas Eckerblom (Minnesota)
This game seems to be tighter than yesterday's against Team USA. Austria is taking a lot of penalties. Do you have it live on TV?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
unfortunately no :(
If someone else has (Austrian fans I guess, since the tournament isn't broadcasted in Sweden)
fill us in! :)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Man IIHF's new online-thingy really blows. Why do you change something that works? :madfire:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Sweden outshot Austria 19-2 in the first, still the same problem.. they can't finish it :(

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
2-0 Sweden
Goal scored by defensive center Monir Kalgoum, assisted by top Swedish forward for the 2004 Draft - Johannes Salmonsson.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Does not seem unlikely, they are pretty similar as players :)
Wouldn't surprise me if Djurgården will look to sign Kalgoum, they have been monitoring prospects in the second tier league and from the Stockholm area quite closely it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->