WJC Group A: Dec 26 GDT - Slovakia vs. Russia (2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Flonaldo said:
He looked tonight like he didn't give a rat's ass about anyone else but himself. I don't remember a single pass from him all night. A puckhog and a showboat.

Anyways, it doesn't matter whether he's on the first or the fourth line with coach Ishmatov. Back to the USSR and equal shifts for all lines, ya know. Semin probably played the third most minutes after Ovetshkin and Pestunov because he played 90 second shifts.

Ishmatov blasted his forwards and Semin was one of the prime targets. Get your act together kid.

I don't get it. He's floated around in a couple games with the Caps but thats nothing outta the ordinary for a 19 year old....especially one just over here, but certainly never showed to be anything close to a selfish showoff. Maybe all the drama with Ishmatov has taken a toll on his attitude with this team, or he's still suffering shell-shock from Cassidy's ridiculous antics. I really don't know but he certainly didn't show any signs of being any kind of malcontent with the Caps.

Maybe he just thought he'd be able to dominate, or wanted to live up to his hype coming into the tourney. I dunno....this is really confusing to me.

Though saying playing on the 4th line is no different than playing with talents like Ovechkin and Malkin is a bit naive.

BTW, since you apparently saw the game how did Malkin look.

nazzy

Mar 6, 2002
BC
www.gocanucks.net
Flonaldo said:
Diving, and a quite transparent case of it.

Krikunov and the whole second line was pretty invisible. Krikunov and Malkin were two of the forwards that I'm sure were in question when Ishmatov blasted his forwards.

Didn't really notice Grot, sorry. I'll try to keep an eye on him on Sunday.

Thanks for the response. For some reason the diving penalty doesn't really surprise me but defiantly not happy with Krikunov for doing it.

BCCHL inactive

I_r_1337 said:
GRRR Why is Semin on the 4th line.. This irritates me..He needs to be playing were his skill puts him not where being late to two practices put him.. Stupid coach.

So just because he is an NHL player, he should be allowed to break team rules?

If Semin is not committed to being a team player, then he should be riding the pine. This tournament is not about players showcasing themselves...especially if said player wanting to showcase himself is already in the NHL. Semin is in Finland to help Russia win. If he wants to be an individual, that is his problem, and the coach doesn't have to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad