WJC Group A: Dec 26 GDT - Austria vs. USA (0-8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Double

Aug 5, 2002
left coast
Visit site
Team USA scores 2 within :16 of each other... 4-0

Wiz, Sterling, Parise and O'Sullivan scoring, Austria counters with a good chance but can't finish..

USA lines seem to be...

Werner-Parise-Murray
Eaves-O'Sullivan-Kesler
Sterling-Fritsche-Moore
Dowell-Stafford-Booth

did Vanek just shoot it "Through the net"? we'll see at the whistle...

Last edited:

G-Double

Aug 5, 2002
left coast
Visit site
USA is taking more penalties than i would like to see/hear...they will need to calm down as the tourney goes on or more skilled teams (no disrespect to Austria) are going to have a field-day on the PP....

Eaves gets a Shorty off his own rebound, i think he has 2-3 pts today...not positive though...

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
8-0 final result. Eaves for Team USA and Patrick Harand for Team Austria were voted best players of the game.

Austrians are just not used to play on that level..., but I think Matthias Lange had a good game in goal for Austria.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Where do you find a breakdown of the scoring? i have been looking everywhere and all I see are bits of info. If anyone can post a link to a page that shows the actual scoring that would be great.

Cheers.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Cheers mate! Brilliant.

Nice to see that there are always someone around to help is less mentally gifted. Cheers mate!

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
After that, did Brady Murray play? I noticed his name didn't show up at all but his line mates scored the majority of the points. Just curious.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
punchy1 said:
Cheers mate! Brilliant.

Nice to see that there are always someone around to help is less mentally gifted. Cheers mate!

would have been 12-0 if rob was on the team! :) hahah just joking

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
G-Double said:
not good to see the USA take 9 penalties against a team like Austria...maybe underestimation is to blame but they did the same thing against the Finns...

Yeah, the U.S. team HAS to get a handle on their undisciplined play. Austria's one thing, Russia, or even Slovakia is quite the other. Nice to see them kill the PP's off though, and Montoya got the shutout, so that's something to build on. Also, the U.S. offense was as advertised.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Parise with a 4 point night. Chew on that Kevin Lowe. I can't believe you threw this guy away..

Not that I don't like Pouliot and the 2nd round pick (name escapes me), but Parise is such a stud.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Mizral said:
Parise with a 4 point night. Chew on that Kevin Lowe. I can't believe you threw this guy away..

Not that I don't like Pouliot and the 2nd round pick (name escapes me), but Parise is such a stud.

Don't get me wrong, i'm on the bandwagon too, but lets wait and see how many points he puts up against some of the favorites in this tournament before we go rubbing it into GM's faces :p

Blatny Spears

Feb 27, 2002
Toxostoma rufum
Visit site
Bluenote13 said:
Don't get me wrong, i'm on the bandwagon too, but lets wait and see how many points he puts up against some of the favorites in this tournament before we go rubbing it into GM's faces :p
Or see how many points he puts up in the NHL for that matter ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad