WJC Gold Medal Game: Game Day Thread - Canada vs. USA (3-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I usually don't do these type of things but what the heck.

Prediction:

4-2 USA Wins the Gold.

After the victory this thread will go to hell. I expect many HFboard regulars to lash attacks on US politics, customs, and culture. Prepare for war: May God have mercy on our souls. :p

chicpea*

Rabid Ranger said:
You've been knocking the U.S. and betting against the team all week, so this line of thinking isn't a surprise. As for the physical game Finland played, did you even watch the game against the U.S.? Finland is without a doubt the country that plays the closest to the North American (Canadian) style, and they brought it. To suggest otherwise speaks of your ignorance. You act if Finland was a creampuff, when Canada's victory against them was anything but a rout.

Ranger, my comment was more than a bit tongue in cheek. You're right about Finland's style and I did see the game. They totally pummelled the US team for large tracts of the game. But the US is very good methinks. They held on and used their speed and Montoya was unbelievable (goaltender of the tourney for sure!). Anyway, just teasing.
I think this game will be a lot closer than many predict. I hope it's a blowout for Canada, but I seriously doubt that will happen.
Good lUck to both!

chicpea*

degroat said:
What time is this game on (locally)?
That depends where you are. In BC it's on at 9 so that would make it 10 in Calgary, and noon in the Big Smoke and Montreal I think.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
"Sound check 1, 2, 3, 4.. 1, 2, 3, 4... From Helsinki"

It's going to be tough to work through this. :)

Here's to a good game. :handclap:

NJDevs430

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
USA-44 Canada-2
Whoa!
This is hockey, not the BCS...margin of victory counts for nothing.
evilgrin1.gif

degroat*

NJDevs430 said:
Whoa!
This is hockey, not the BCS...margin of victory counts for nothing.
evilgrin1.gif

The BCS doesn't use margin of victory any longer. :p

Bud The Spud*

hossy316 said:
Phaneuf is gonna hit Parise in the first 5 minutes and knock him out of the game. Canada's D-men, way too big and tuff for those wimpy American's!!
:lol:
Umm..I wouldn't be so quick to say stuff like that. The Americans look pretty good.

KillToronto

hossy316 said:
Phaneuf is gonna hit Parise in the first 5 minutes and knock him out of the game. Canada's D-men, way too big and tuff for those wimpy American's!!
:lol:

ok "hossy", i guess we'll just wait and see, right?

oh, may as well throw the :lol: in there for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad