WJC Exhibition tonight on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Tonight after the NSH/COL game, TSN is showing Canada's exhibition game against the Czechs (10:30 ET). Good opportunity to see some of these guys if you've never had the chance.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
Not a very good game being played so far, canada is fiery full of energy but can't seem to put it together. Hopefully the chemistry will fall into place prior to the opening faceoff Dec 26th.

Benoit Pouliot has thrown some huge checks, its too bad he ended up getting tossed out of the game for his second one which probably could be questioned in the validity of the penalty in the first place.

Go Canada!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I've been impressed with Cogliano this period. His speed is causing all kinds of problems. Needs to shoot more though

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Cogliano has really impressed me with his speed so far. I thought the knock on him during the summer camp was how easily he was knocked off the puck, but he looks very steady on his skates so far tonight.

Some HUGE hits being thrown tonight by the Team Canada, and I must say I thought the call on Poliout was garbage. 2 minutes ok, but 5 and a game, NO!

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
We've carried the play offensively but we need to bury more of our quality chances.Dubnyk looks ok so far,the goal came from a scramble on the PP.He's confident playing the puck and it looks as though he's shaken off a less than stellar camp.I think our goaltending will suffice.
Also staal seems to be very good at holding the line and appears to have a knack for getting shots through traffic.

SaskaSens

Dec 17, 2005
Colt.45Orr said:
I thought it was a good call... International rules... you can't lead off with a hit to the head.
I don't think it was a hit to the head.

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Man, those uniforms are awful... They make our guys look so tiny.

Ah well, personally this game hasn't been too interesting, but I guess that should be a given as it is an exhibition game. I'm pretty sure when the tourney begins Canada will pick up their play a bit... at least I hope so.

KariyaIsGod*

Colt.45Orr said:
I thought it was a good call... International rules... you can't lead off with a hit to the head.

It was a terrible call. He only got the guy's head because he is taller than him.

What, do they expect him to crouch everytime he leads with his shoulder to lay a clean hit...?

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm thinking that Chipchura and Pouliot will need to switch places on the second and third line. Chipchura looks fairly solid but I don't like him on the second scoring line and I think Pouliot would look far better there. Pouliot-Cogliano-Bolland is a great line after Comeau-Downie-Latendresse...

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
clay said:
Who's the most impressive so far among Canada's defense?

I don't know about most impressive (that is probably Bourdon, or Barker) but this Russell fellow is fun to watch and has an idea out there.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
DrMoses said:
It was a terrible call. He only got the guy's head because he is taller than him.

What, do they expect him to crouch everytime he leads with his shoulder to lay a clean hit...?

Benoit Pouliot -6'3
Petr Kalus -6'1

Don't think that would explain it. Look -international rules boys...you gotta learn to live/play with it.

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Lowetide said:
I don't know about most impressive (that is probably Bourdon, or Barker) but this Russell fellow is fun to watch and has an idea out there.

Bourdon isn't even being played much because he is sick. I think Letang has looked solid.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah canada's jerseys are ugly, When they first were released this summer i thought the same. I was really hopeing there would be a massive recall but apparently not. I mean ok, the slim design is ok but did they really need to make the canada flag so tiny? you can barely tell whos who.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Rydified said:
Yeah canada's jerseys are ugly, When they first were released this summer i thought the same. I was really hopeing there would be a massive recall but apparently not. I mean ok, the slim design is ok but did they really need to make the canada flag so tiny? you can barely tell whos who.

At least (and I mean the very least) they changed the vertical stripes on the socks to the normal horizontal stripes that everyone wears.

Still, the jerseys and way too tight and Pejorative Slured looking. But who cares, Nike says they're more AERODYNAMIC now! Kablamo!

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Honus Joglund said:
At least (and I mean the very least) they changed the vertical stripes on the socks to the normal horizontal stripes that everyone wears.

Still, the jerseys and way too tight and Pejorative Slured looking. But who cares, Nike says they're more AERODYNAMIC now! Kablamo!

Yeah, thank goodness for that. Though I kind of wish that they would have change the vertical stripes on the jerseys as well. It's those stupid vertical ones that for some reason keep bugging me. These jerseys are too plain and Spengler Cup - ish.

KariyaIsGod*

Colt.45Orr said:
Benoit Pouliot -6'3
Petr Kalus -6'1

Don't think that would explain it. Look -international rules boys...you gotta learn to live/play with it.

Forget their height numbers. Watch the play. Pouliot looked like a giant compared to him.

Maybe Calus was ducking, then it's his own fault.

Either way, the Czechs sure get chippy once the whistle has blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->