WJC: Dec 28 GDT - Finland 6 Czech Republic 2

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
Wow, after boring first period the game has turned into scoring contest. Four goals in eight minutes, nice. And Kovar replaced Pavelec on the net?!? Lets hope the game stays as intresting. 5-4 for the Finns?

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
Game over, 5-2 Finland.

edit: sounds a bit misleading, the game isn't officially over but 5-2 in the 3rd period should just about do it.

ladypredator

Jun 21, 2006
Goal and assist for Teemu Laakso. That's good to see. Now if he could just stay out of the penalty box...

Still, glad to see Laakso doing well.

EDIT: Make that 2 goals. They gave him credit for the first one instead of Lehtonen. Cool.

Last edited:

Savolainen

Oct 10, 2005
Wow, I can't tell you how glad I am with this great win!

It's very important that Rask played a good game because of his bad start against Belarus!

It's also great that Lindgren, Lehtonen, Osala and Laakso scoring many points!

lilooet*

Congrats to the Finns. I always root for them, even though they always kill me in pools.

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
Great victory for us. To start the tournament with two losses would have been really hard. Now things look quite qood for the Finns.

EDIT. Not the best day for Pavelec. :sarcasm:

Chief Jokinen

Dec 4, 2006
HELSINKI, FINLAND
Enormous win by finland. Perttu really showed his magic and Laakso will IMO be top-3 d-man of tournament if takes less penalties in future games. But really, really fine game. Tuukka played also really well.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Yeaaaaa

Amazing game, I havent seen the finnish junior team with this good offense for a long time, maybe since 1998 when they won gold.
Last year and the year before their offense looked pretty weak and only because of rask did they really beat the swedes and earn a bronze.
Very good comeback after losing to Belarus, ,LOL.

I think Finland will earn the first place in their group.

The Lehtonen, Lindgren and Osala line is hot! look out for them!
Size and Skill!! :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo: :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad