WJC: Dec 27 GDT - Canada 6 USA 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I use to think that IIHF games where far less chippy and much more fluid than NHL games, but now it seems like its the other way around. There seems to be a lot of hooks and tugs, although not still not as bad as the "old" NHL.

It's funny actually...that's a product of the "new" NHL. I noticed that a lot in yesterday's game. So much hooking, clutching, grabbing etc. Made me appreciate the NHL game ALOT more.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I use to think that IIHF games where far less chippy and much more fluid than NHL games, but now it seems like its the other way around. There seems to be a lot of hooks and tugs, although not still not as bad as the "old" NHL.

IIHF games have always been Chippy. they replayed gold medal games on ESPN classic Canada last weekend. there was tons of hooking, clutching holding, lumberjack action

CANADA GOAL Steve Downie

what was the US goalie doing on that? worst postioning ever... his five hole was more open than britney spears legs...

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
whooever was #2 for the US, playing defense.....it was awful nice of him to give Downie a clear path to the net....the defender was playing pass all the way....

UBCsalmonslayer

@2Holmes2
Oct 20, 2006
Vancouver/Nanaimo BC
whooever was #2 for the US, playing defense.....it was awful nice of him to give Downie a clear path to the net....the defender was playing pass all the way....

The D-man is generally supposed to take the passer on a 2 on 1, leaving the shooter for the goalie. That said, the US dman should have shaded a bit more to his right and not given Downie such a great shooting angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->