• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Slick Nick said:
What a dive by O'Sullivan. Really the best and most gracious dive so far in the tournament. PERFECT 10!

A Russian fan really should not be talking about "diving". I cannot COUNT how many dives I have seen the Russians get away with throughout this tournament. Granted - Even the US commentators said the play was a dive ;)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Faaxinho said:
Quite a nice game but some I'll have to point out something:
- if he goes to ice, it takes years for him to stand up again.
I, too have been less than impressed by Montoya's reflexes and quickness in this tournament. He looks downright creaky out there.

Maybe it's a confidence issue, because I don't remember noticing it last year.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Faaxinho said:
Quite a nice game but some I'll have to point out something:
- if he goes to ice, it takes years for him to stand up again
- awful stickhandling (or puckhandling) behind the net. Some crazy passes straight to Czech players.

Some good saves though.

Cool, at least he's really picked it up the last few games

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Slick Nick said:
What a dive by O'Sullivan. Really the best and most gracious dive so far in the tournament. PERFECT 10!

He took lessons from your boys.

I can't take hearing those girls talking in the online broadcast, it's really annoying me lol.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
crossxcheck said:
It took 2 games before the ESPN guys started pronoucning borer's name correctly.

way to go on the goal by porter :handclap: and idea on who got the assists?

hensick and hunwick...TSN had "hunswick" listed for a while :joker:

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Jeff Likens is the worst player on the ice for either team. His attempts to clear the puck out of his zone are pathetic and a ten year old would have better success. His outlet passes, believe it or not, are worse. He basically handed the puck to Michael Frolik on the second Czech goal and said, "here, go score, I'm terrible".

Everyone wants to kick Montoya when he's down, but he is constantly hung out to dry by this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE excuse for a defense. He has let in a few softies this tournament, but make no mistake....the defense is what has hurt the US more than anything in this WJC, not Al.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
joejohnstone said:
Jeff Likens is the worst player on the ice for either team. His attempts to clear the puck out of his zone are pathetic and a ten year old would have better success. His outlet passes, believe it or not, are worse. He basically handed the puck to Michael Frolik on the second Czech goal and said, "here, go score, I'm terrible".

Everyone wants to kick Montoya when he's down, but he is constantly hung out to dry by this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE excuse for a defense. He has let in a few softies this tournament, but make no mistake....the defense is what has hurt the US more than anything in this WJC, not Al.

Yet for some reason they continue to pair him with Suter.......Why?!?!?!

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Enoch said:

Well, in case you hadn't figured it out, the US coach Sandelin, is awful. For a coach that is supposed to be at a high level, he has really embarassed himself by showing he completely does not belong.

On a side note, Mike Brown did something to Olesz in the 2'nd and Olesz has not returned. The announcers say that it is possible that he may return, but it is questionable.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Enoch said:
They need to pair him with a strong D-man to cover his worthless a$$.

joejohnstone

Jan 2, 2005
Another useless penalty by Kevin Porter, elbowing. You'd think he'd have smartened up after that awful cross-checking penalty he took in the 2'nd that negated the US powerplay. What are these guys thinking out there.

Couple big saves by AL on the powerplay.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
PanthersRule said:
How's Olesz looking so far?

KO'd by brown
don't you want to know how other players are doing, or is it just all olesz, all the time? homer ;) :joker:

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
neelynugs said:
KO'd by brown
don't you want to know how other players are doing, or is it just all olesz, all the time? homer ;) :joker:

How about Schwartz and Polak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->