Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it's not being shown on tv eh?

and it's in the middle of the day? :shakehead

Zetterberg4Captain*

Levitate said:
it's not being shown on tv eh?

and it's in the middle of the day? :shakehead

Yeah for us Canadians it is. WHo cares if its the middle of the day, whats your point. :lol

beerpaul*

:dunno: The Americans are so far off their game, I'd say it could be an 7 or 8 to 1 win for the Czechs. :eek:

X0ssbar

I think the Americans will suck it up and pull out a 'W' vs. the Czechs and claim the bronze.

Score 5-3.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Is there some reason this thread does not deserve a sticky? (It seems as all other GDT's are stickied with the local time included.)

beerpaul*

:handclap: I've been pulling for the Americans to win all tournament, but my brain says they've thrown in the towel after Belarus and have given up. Hope I'm wrong. :)
Top Shelf said:
I think the Americans will suck it up and pull out a 'W' vs. the Czechs and claim the bronze.

Score 5-3.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
beerpaul said:
:handclap: I've been pulling for the Americans to win all tournament, but my brain says they've thrown in the towel after Belarus and have given up. Hope I'm wrong. :)

Have you watched the rest of the tournament? The U.S. thumped the Swedes and were down a goal to Russia in the 3rd period of the semis. They didn't throw in the towel. The team competed, and lost to a superior team, in a game Montoya played very well in. I think they'll be pumped to win bronze and avenge an earlier loss to the Czechs.

espo*

I guess i wonder how mentally "into it" the U.S is going to be for this game.I know they are capable of winning this game but i just get this feeling that anything other then gold isn't enough for them this year.....this team has tasted winning and does'nt want anything else i think,especially being at home.I think the Czechs will be a bit more motivated and win.The crowd has to get behind them to give them that boost i think they will need.

beerpaul*

:shakehead Come on. Have you watched the rest of the tournament? A good midget team may have given the Swedes a game. The Swedes have zero passion. The US had nearly half a game to tie up the score and couldn't even sustain any offensive pressure against Russia. Russia is not a superior team to the Americans. In this tournament the Americans had A: terrible goaltending, B: poor coaching, C: no team chemistry/unity, and not the passion/intensity we are used to seeing from a US squad. Czechs 8...USA 1. Only because the Americans are in complete dissarray. :joker:
Rabid Ranger said:
Have you watched the rest of the tournament? The U.S. thumped the Swedes and were down a goal to Russia in the 3rd period of the semis. They didn't throw in the towel. The team competed, and lost to a superior team, in a game Montoya played very well in. I think they'll be pumped to win bronze and avenge an earlier loss to the Czechs.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the US might take out their frustrations on the czech team though (meaning they might play very hard to win it after being frustrated by russia)

could go either way i guess...did losing to russia really take the wind out of their sails or are they going to be pissed off and fired up to beat someone up over it (again, not saying beat up as in physically, i just can't think of a better way to put it right now)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
beerpaul said:
:shakehead Come on. Have you watched the rest of the tournament? A good midget team may have given the Swedes a game. The Swedes have zero passion. The US had nearly half a game to tie up the score and couldn't even sustain any offensive pressure against Russia. Russia is not a superior team to the Americans. In this tournament the Americans had A: terrible goaltending, B: poor coaching, C: no team chemistry/unity, and not the passion/intensity we are used to seeing from a US squad. Czechs 8...USA 1. Only because the Americans are in complete dissarray. :joker:

I've had a revelation! Instead of David Quinn, the U.S. brass should have named beerpaul to the coaching staff! I'm glad you have it all figured out.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
Well, some of you folks are just peachy...thrown in the towel? So far off of their game that a midget team could beat them? Not motivated to win a measly bronze medal in front of their home fans? There must be some dark humor that I just don't get. NOONE WANTS TO FINISH FOURTH OR ON A LOW NOTE. There is plenty to play for still, and with a day of rest under their belts, this ought to be a good game. The loss against Russia was obviously heartbreaking, but I think the boys were just out of gas. Playing your 4th tilt in 5 nights will do that.

beerpaul*

:p: As Chris Farley once said: "Watch and learn". :joker:
Rabid Ranger said:
I've had a revelation! Instead of David Quinn, the U.S. brass should have named beerpaul to the coaching staff! I'm glad you have it all figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->