WJC Bronze Medal Game: Jan 5 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
People are going to watch that dangle and say ¨oooooh johnson´s amazing.¨ But if he gets checked and the puck goes the other way it´s a 2-0 break-away. There´s two minutes left in the game, you don´t need another goal. That just reeks of selfishness or stupidity to me.

Kaktus*

I thought the refs hated Sweden. What are they doing giving them a 5 on 3 in the third? :sarcasm:
Do not get confused there. Those were good calls. The call tat was made when USA scored was crap and if you say it was not you are full of it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This Swedish coach is brutal. No to offend you, but Backstrom, Berglund and Bergfors should have been on the ice together for the last 2 minutes.

SChan*

fiasco by sweden imo. 4th place with the best teams in years and home tournament. Not really satiesfied.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Decent tournament overall but lacked the final pieces to get a medal. Horrible refs through the tournament, they have to change that to the next tournament. Congrats USA.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
American%20Flag.gif

:wave:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
This is was a great game, full props to both teams. And it's nice to see Jack Johnson cap off one of the best WJHC careers by a defenseman with a medal.

Well Done.:clap:

emb24*

11 straight years without a medal for Sweden. Seems like an awful lot of years to be blaming the refs

:help:

Bama

Apr 25, 2006
This Swedish coach is brutal. No to offend you, but Backstrom, Berglund and Bergfors should have been on the ice together for the last 2 minutes.
Why? The reason Sweden dont play later tonight is Bäckström, Berglund and Bergfors.

Bergfors have been one of the worst swedish players this tournament.

SChan*

Can't wait for the media to put another blame on Backstrom. I mean he is suppose to do everything alone.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Quebecois analyst was ripping on the Swedish coaching staff -- saying they got outcoached.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
OK, so the call on Backstrom was crap....maybe what about the one on Johnson giving the 5 on 3 when the Swedes didn't do crap during that time?

Referee did a good job. Chances were there for both teams, Swedes never had any spark to their game and the coach blew it by not sending the three B'S together...sometimes you have to learn to shorten the bench....

US deserved this game.

SChan*

OK, so the call on Backstrom was crap....maybe what about the one on Johnson giving the 5 on 3 when the Swedes didn't do crap during that time?

Referee did a good job. Chances were there for both teams, Swedes never had any spark to their game and the coach blew it by not sending the three B'S together...sometimes you have to learn to shorten the bench....

US deserved this game.

it's classic swedish coaching to never shorten the bench no matter what situation you're in. Sosse hockey.

Kaktus*

I didn't see it. :dunno:
well if you did not see it.. why do you open your yap?

One bad call does not make it a game but the USA scored. I can see Swedes fans being upset.

Swedes need a better coach.
Congrats to USA team.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
11 straight years without a medal for Sweden. Seems like an awful lot of years to be blaming the refs

:help:

:shakehead

Congrats US - deserved the win as they played with more heart and had better special teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->