4. Sergei Fedorov SU 5+7
5. Janne Ojanen FIN 6+5
6. Tero Toivola FIN 3+8
7. Robert Reichel TCH 3+8
8. Jeremy Roenick USA 5+4
11. Rob Brown CAN 6+2
12. Theo Fleury CAN 6+2
? Teppo Numminen FIN 5+2

Robert Reichel (born June 24 1971) was 16! Eric Lindros had 4+0 when he was 16. Sidney Crosby had 2+3 (6 games) when he was 16.

Rob Brown dominated without Lemieux. ;)

I remember 1990 WJC, Reichel-Holik-Jagr dominated. I think it's best WJC line ever. Even better than Mogilny- Fedorov-Bure.

Last edited:

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
If I remember correctly, Reichel and Holik were the 2 getting all the publicity beforehand. Things changed a bit ehh .

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
1993 Sweden had great line Näslund-Forsberg-Sundström. Forsberg had 31 points (WJC record).
They did, however, have the luxury of beating up on Japan 20-1. A lot of their points came in that game. (For those who want to expand the WJC to 12 teams, the 1993 Japanese squad is reason No. 1 not to do it. You'll have a team that bad at the tournament almost every year).

The one thing that wasn't mentioned about the 88 tournament was the performance of Jimmy Waite. The 87 Punch-up at Piestany between Canada and the Soviets gave the WJC a big profile boost in Canada. Waite stole the show in the Canada-USSR game. I think he stopped 38 of 40 shots. Canada won the game and the tournament.

statistics

Dec 29, 2006
Finland
The one thing that wasn't mentioned about the 88 tournament was the performance of Jimmy Waite. The 87 Punch-up at Piestany between Canada and the Soviets gave the WJC a big profile boost in Canada. Waite stole the show in the Canada-USSR game. I think he stopped 38 of 40 shots. Canada won the game and the tournament.

Canada won 3-2 vs. Soviets. Canada won 6 games and tie vs. Finland 4-4. Poland won only one game vs. USA 4-3. Sweden won Poland 13-0 and Czechoslovakia won USA 11-1. USA and West-Germany won only one game too. Poland relegated, because of goal differential.

All-star team:

Petr Hrbek TCH (4+4)-Theo Fleury CAN-Alex Mogilny SU

Teppo Numminen FIN-Greg Hawgood CAN (1+8)

Jimmy Waite CAN

Best Goaltender: Jimmy Waite CAN
Best defenseman: Teppo Numminen FIN
Best forward: Alex Mogilny SU

B pool:

1. Norway
2. Romania
3. Switzerland
4. Japan
5. France
6. Yugoslavia
7. Holland
8. Austria

Romania was better than Switzerland!! Both Norway and Romania had 10 points. Romania almost promoted to A pool!! Where is Romania now?

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
They did, however, have the luxury of beating up on Japan 20-1. A lot of their points came in that game. (For those who want to expand the WJC to 12 teams, the 1993 Japanese squad is reason No. 1 not to do it. You'll have a team that bad at the tournament almost every year).

Chicago expected him to be better long term than Hasek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->