Prospect Info: With the 28th Pick the Senators Select Shane Bowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anyone watching the WJSS? Jesper Boqvist went 36 to NJD looks like a good one; He can fly, and has really good skill. I get the feeling something was up with our euro scouting this year. He'll pass Mcleod on their depth chart.... again some pretty decent depth in this draft , unlike what we were lead to believe.

New Jersey has been killing it lately in the draft. High focus on skating speed and skills.

What a change from the Lamoriello days.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They did pretty well under Lou for many years, including some cups. Just something to remember.

Outside of Scott Niedermayer, they didn't do it with elite skill and speed though. With Lou, it was all air-tight, suffocating team defense and a HOF goalie.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Yeah, he was never a good pick and I hated it the minute it was announced. Good thing we traded it, even though it was for a broken player and a misplaced trade.

one of the least hyped Sens 1st round picks in a long time. Most thought he'd be a bottom 6er if he ever made it.

Love the revisionist history by some to say the forum lost their mind when he was traded. If anything he's a guy we were hoping was involved because he had such a low ceiling and floor. Reminded me of Klepis back in the day.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
one of the least hyped Sens 1st round picks in a long time. Most thought he'd be a bottom 6er if he ever made it.

Love the revisionist history by some to say the forum lost their mind when he was traded. If anything he's a guy we were hoping was involved because he had such a low ceiling and floor. Reminded me of Klepis back in the day.

I don't remember anyone being upset this guy was gone. I do remember him being compared to Lazar, which was not a beaming comparison.

Reactions: DrEasy and cudi

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I don't remember anyone being upset this guy was gone. I do remember him being compared to Lazar, which was not a beaming comparison.

looking back in this thread, Lazar and White seem to be the most common names he's compared to lol

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Weak pick in a weak draft. Glad the team cut their losses while he still had some value.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
The only player from the 2017 first round to never play an NHL game.
Takes real skill for the scouts to single one out like that 🎯

Reactions: Icelevel

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He was such a head scratching selection draft day at the time.

Please tell me weve fired whichever scout decided Bowers and Boucher were the right choice at the time.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
My only issue with him was moving him for Duchene. Acquiring Duchene was a legit attempt at getting a better cost controlled centre for a couple of years but I just never thought Duchene was that guy.

I wish Bowers was used in a package for someone better. Wish him all the best and that he can carve out a career somewhere. Heck, come back to Ottawa and work your way up like Paul did

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
1665579677691.png

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This guy hasn't been a part of the org for years and hasn't done anything notable since leaving, time rock this necrobumped thread up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->