With the 13th Pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, The Toronto Maple Leafs Select...

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
So after looking around it looks as though the Leafs are taking one of Backlund, Corture, Esposito, Hamil, Eller, or Petrecki.

Here are my thoughts:

Backlund- he is talented but dont would rather not get a player that is a risk with an injury or using another 1st on a European
Want Ranking: 5th

Couture- From what I hear is a great player, was a top ranked player this time last year. I would be very happy with this pick.
Want Ranking: 2nd

Esposito- a great talent that is my first choice but don't expect to see him get past Boston and even if he does there dont expect to get by Montreal
Want Ranking: 1st

Hamil- A great canadian center! Lead a defensive WHL team in scoring which is quite impresive. Would love this pick as well seems like a great player but i think its a bit to early for him at 13
Want Ranking: 3rd

Eller- Not sure if he is better then Backlund or not but still going to be a great player. Don't mind getting Eller and would pick him over Backlund but would still perfer a Canadian to Toronto!
Want Ranking: 4th

Petrecki- This pick absolutley doesnt make sense to me. Petrecki seams like he would be a great d man but where would he fit in? Currently the Leafs have these defensemen that are still considored young: White, Coliacovo, Wozniewski, Kronwall, Harrison, and Stralman. I just dont see where Petrecki would fit. Although I would still be happy with this pick I would be much perfer the Leafs to trade down and draft him (not going to happen him)
Want Ranking: 6th

But knowing JFJ he will go off the board and draft Akim Aliu with the Leafs pick.

What do you guys think?

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
I think this is the 3rd thread solely for the Leafs' allmighty "13th overall pick"
God forbid they win the draft lottery

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
I only started this because im not known for being a good scouter of players (see the thread Sim League Scout) so basiclly I wanted to see if what I said was correct and if you had any thoughts thats all. And besides its not like theres a maximum of posts I thought activity was a good thing.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
13 is way to high to take a gamble on aliu. There will still be many quality safe players avaliable.

i think you should consider adding sutter to your list. He can rank from 5-25 in different peoples minds, but i have a hunch he'll still be avaliable for the leafs. Think darcy tucker+gary roberts as a center who can play defensively too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad