Prospect Info: With the 132nd Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Lauri Pajuniemi

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I hope he makes it as a Ranger so I can hear the crowd: "Pooooooooooj"

"Those aren't poo's Joe, they're pooj's"

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Pajuniemi decided that his career at this point would be best served in Europe. He could have stayed and played a major role in Hartford and gotten a couple cups of coffee with the big club, but he decided to go to Malmö.

I would love to see him come back to NY, but I don't expect it unless he gets some assurance of NHL play, which I don't think he will unless he truly dominates in Sweden.

Reactions: JCProdigy

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Second-leading scorer for Malmo behind former Devil Janne Kuokkanen. Any chance of him returning to North America or is Europe the peak of his potential? Believe the Rangers extended a qualifying offer to retain his rights.
Given how deep the Rangers are on the wing, I doubt there's a path for him making the big club at this point.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Given how deep the Rangers are on the wing, I doubt there's a path for him making the big club at this point.
Agree. At best if Paju has NHL interest from some NHL club, the Rangers would hope to get a 5th or later rounder for his rights.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He put up respectable production numbers in Hartford and again this year with Malmo. He's a good player. I think there are doubts he's going to return or at least with the Rangers. He becomes a free agent on the 27th birthday.....you might see him giving it another shot then.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think he's exactly where he should be. There are a lot of good players I've known who just weren't compatible with the NHL's speed and physicality. The Swedish league earns you a decent living, and by some personal accounts it's a little more glamorous than being a minor leaguer here.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad