With Spengler Cup win under his belt, Checkers' Carrick prepares for AHL All-Star Gam

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
trevor_carrick_charlotte_022515.jpg
Photo: Charlotte Checkers defenseman and Carolina Hurricanes prospect Trevor Carrick is currently eighth in scoring among AHL defensemen with 23 points in 35 games (courtesy of Kevin Sousa/Icon Sportswire)

</p>Hectic, overwhelming, exciting, honored.

Those were the words Trevor Carrick used a handful of times when he was trying to explain what life has been like for the Carolina Hurricanes‘ defensive prospect over the past month.

It started with a trip to Switzerland for the Spengler Cup, where Carrick was one of the youngest players on a Team Canada squad that won the historical invitational tournament in Davos.

After four games with Team Canada he returned home to the Hurricanes’ AHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers,*and found out he was headed to the 2016 AHL All-Star Classic later this month in Syracuse, New York.… read more

The post With Spengler Cup win under his belt, Checkers’ Carrick prepares for AHL All-Star Game appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think this is some very good info on Carrick. I think it also might shed some insight as to why he hasn't received a callup "yet". He admits he had to work on how to play defense and bulk up to an NHL body in order to be considered for a callup.

Nice to see these guys developing, knowing what to work on to get to the next level and being able to work on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad