Atlanta, GA
if this isnt followed by a move made to justify this this is awful

i dont know what move could possibly justify this

so unless hes gonna do something i dont see, this is awful

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
WTF? We're nowhere close to the cap. This strikes me as a way to save $1M (his salary this year was $3M, so we'll be paying him $1M this year and next). I sincerely hope this isn't the case, but my hunch is that the Canes are being extraordinarily cheap. I doubt cap space is even going to be an issue.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
WTF? We're nowhere close to the cap. This strikes me as a way to save $1M (his salary this year was $3M, so we'll be paying him $1M this year and next). I sincerely hope this isn't the case, but my hunch is that the Canes are being extraordinarily cheap. I doubt cap space is even going to be an issue.

This is what I'm afraid of. If the Canes bought out Wiz to save $1 million then we are in for a long frickin season.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Wow. Out of nowhere. This is a VERY young defense corps.

Also, we must not have all the information about his rehab. It couldn't have been going that great.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I wonder if they are signing someone to a 2 year expansion draft centric deal tomorrow.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Ryan Murphy Top six role, confirmed. :yo:

TBH, he was a guy who somewhat relied on his skating to be effective, coming off a major knee injury at the age of 30-32 (too lazy to look up). So I was surprised when everyone was penciling him into the opening day lineup.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
nobody wants him? we got him for a salary dump in khudobin and since then he's played 1 game and suffered a serious injury.

This is fine... But why not give him a chance to come back and build some value for the TDL? Is it seriously to save $1 million? For a Cap Floor team? I really hope not.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Also, we must not have all the information about his rehab. It couldn't have been going that great.

They couldn't buy him out if he wasn't cleared to play I don't think.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

Don't you have to clear a physical in order to be bought out?

By all reports, you cannot buy out an injured player without their permission. There is nothing explicitly about this in the buy-out rules in the CBA, but it's something that has been widely reported over the years from multiple, reputable sources, so if there's smoke there is probably fire. It is very likely linked to the waiver requirements.

http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/6/10/8737195/nhl-buyout-rules-refresher-guide

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->