OT: Winter Olympics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Looks to me like Team USA doesn't even care about a bronze. That or they're just choking massively...

Getting shutout yesterday was probably what did them in after they could get the first goal today. Didn't play a bad first period...the game got away from them after it was 2-0; they shell-shocked after that. The third period was just them giving up.

crashman

choking big time

I'm not even a big Team USA supporter, but I think their gold medal game was yesterday against Canada. After that disappointing game, I can imagine it was tough to get pumped for a bronze medal game the next day. I really think it's gold or bust for USA and Canada in ice hockey.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I'm not even a big Team USA supporter, but I think their gold medal game was yesterday against Canada. After that disappointing game, I can imagine it was tough to get pumped for a bronze medal game the next day. I really think it's gold or bust for USA and Canada in ice hockey.

that's no excuse to completely give up like they did today. show some pride at least.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
Understand that for Canada not US. US doesn't have great Olympic record. Only 2 medals in last 7 games. Look at Finald 6 medals in 7 Olympic.

crashman

that's no excuse to completely give up like they did today. show some pride at least.

I'm not making excuses for them, I don't really care about Team USA (still wanted them to beat Canada). I just think they were demoralized form yesterday's loss. I agree with you though, they should have showed some pride, they played very well in the tournament up until today.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Congratulations to Selanne. How many medals does he have?

I think he has Bronze from Nagano-98, Silver from Torino-06, Bronze from Vancouver-10 and now Bronze from Sotchi-14.

Teemu Selänne
37 olympic games, 24+19=43 points

All-time Olympic scoring leader. (would be 53+42=95 points with 82-game pace) :)

Unbelieveable man. :yo:

Sorry American friends. ;)

Last edited:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Interesting result. Guess team USA just could not recover from disappointment and dropped dead.

This game kinda made me excited even more for tomorrow because it indicated it's going to be a hard fought game. Also interesting because what Babcock preaches in this tourney is alot like how Swedes play.

Prolly main difference is that Swedes likes to have to puck and analyze the situation. Key is to attack their puck carrier fast but not overcommit while doing so. If they do not have the puck in secure place, they will be forced to the board and if that happens, Canada clearly has the upper hand.

Also team Canada needs to pay extra attention to position and stay very patient. Swedish are very good at positioning wise... sometimes almost to a fault. It could turn into a real chess match. Of course, team Canada has better pieces so they should win more 50-50 battles which would slowly tip the balance in favour of team Canada.

Sweden's strong positional prowess can also be their downfall. Their forwards move somewhat predictably (can't play positional possession hockey without some predictability in their game plan) and their D is bit more susceptible to very dynamic offense.

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
watching babcocks presser just reinforces in my mind why we're so lucky to have him here in detroit

hear how he takes all the pressure of the guys, talks them up, talks up the other guys, respectful, great motivator, even keel, philsophical about it all, brillant in my eyes

And he's multi-disciplinary at that. Apparently he gave the canadian men's curling team a locker-room talk after they dropped to 1-2 in the round robin and they went undefeated afterward. :nod:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It was a gutless performance by the United States. Poor coaching and poor leadership.

Yeah, that team is talented enough to push Finland. Finland is a good team, no doubt, but the US team should make it a game. The display we got was pretty sad.

Oh well, go Sweden! Hope to see our Wings boys take home some gold.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yeah, that team is talented enough to push Finland. Finland is a good team, no doubt, but the US team should make it a game. The display we got was pretty sad.

Sweden man, Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeden.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sweden man, Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeden.

Soak of the year.

t0SZXxs.jpg

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

I am basically viewing it as Canada vs. Red Wings.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If you don't want Canada to win that's fine, I get that, but you're wrong and I hate you.

Fair enough. :laugh:

It's more that we've got 5 guys (well, and hurt Z and Franzen) from the Wings on the Swedish roster that pulls me to that team. Otherwise I'm fairly indifferent once the US is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad