Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dare I say the likes of Egypt have better development programs than the US?
Not that I care about USA's football program nor how well they do in the future....but how many sports does Egypt have to compete with football? Besides causing revolutions and grave robbing tombs, I can't think of a lot to do in Egypt...

Also in other horribly sad news, my brother and my best friend are becoming Spurs fans with the sole agenda to piss me off. But hey, at least they're getting into the sport...

Reactions: Deficient Mode

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Have you watched the mls. The quality of soccer is awful. Its a league where old European superstars come to die/make suitcases of cash.

It’s not a developmental league at all

The quality is poor and it's not great for development but he will get plenty of playing time on an attacking side to work on his play in the final third. Young attackers have done well enough to earn moves to Europe like Altidore, Agudelo and Dempsey. They didn't do so hot over there except Dempsey but they improved from when they started enough to be looked at by bigger clubs. Maybe it won't work out but it may not have even if he went straight to Europe.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
The quality is poor and it's not great for development but he will get plenty of playing time on an attacking side to work on his play in the final third. Young attackers have done well enough to earn moves to Europe like Altidore, Agudelo and Dempsey. They didn't do so hot over there except Dempsey but they improved from when they started enough to be looked at by bigger clubs. Maybe it won't work out but it may not have even if he went straight to Europe.

I’ve never seen some one as so poor as altidore was for Sunderland. He was hot garbage.

If larin can do well in beskitas it might change people’s minds a bit.

But the mls is a garbage league compared to its counterparts.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not that I care about USA's football program nor how well they do in the future....but how many sports does Egypt have to compete with football? Besides causing revolutions and grave robbing tombs, I can't think of a lot to do in Egypt...

Also in other horribly sad news, my brother and my best friend are becoming Spurs fans with the sole agenda to piss me off. But hey, at least they're getting into the sport...

Doesn't matter as to the reasons why the program is lacking. What matters is if it does or doesn't. Plenty to do in Egypt BTW.:rolleyes:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’ve never seen some one as so poor as altidore was for Sunderland. He was hot garbage.

If larin can do well in beskitas it might change people’s minds a bit.

But the mls is a garbage league compared to its counterparts.
Altidore is a garbage player. The players in the MLS that I could see moving to Europe and at least somewhat succeeding are Larin, Alphonso Davies, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Miguel Almiron, Erik Palmer-Brown (he’s on City now if I remember correctly), Yangel Herrera (on loan from City), Paul Arriola, and possibly (unlikely but could) Jordan Morris, Justin Glad, and Brooks Lennon.

The played that there have been rumors to be big on are all of those except the last 4. The rest have had offers from Euro sides. The biggest one being Davies to Man United.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For tourists, absolutely, for Argentinians spending permit residence there? Yeah not so much...

Yup Atlanta is hot bed for things to do for Argentineans. Between Cairo and Atlanta I think I know where I'd rather be. Not to mention the countries surrounding Egypt that a millionaire can go to.

Reactions: maclean

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yup Atlanta is hot bed for things to do for Argentineans. Between Cairo and Atlanta I think I know where I'd rather be. Not to mention the countries surrounding Egypt that a millionaire can go to.
Yeah, but Atlantans don't go around blowing up other religion churches though, especially when Argentinians are not of that region.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, it doesn't have anything to do with football.

Altidore is a garbage player. The players in the MLS that I could see moving to Europe and at least somewhat succeeding are Larin, Alphonso Davies, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Miguel Almiron, Erik Palmer-Brown (he’s on City now if I remember correctly), Yangel Herrera (on loan from City), Paul Arriola, and possibly (unlikely but could) Jordan Morris, Justin Glad, and Brooks Lennon.

The played that there have been rumors to be big on are all of those except the last 4. The rest have had offers from Euro sides. The biggest one being Davies to Man United.

There's quite a few more too especially if the standard is to play in a top five league, and Atlanta has a few more players in particular who could. There's also many players like Dzemaili and Carmona who were certainly good enough to stay in Europe and chose not to. There's still bad players in MLS, but the overall point is there are a lot less than there used to be. It's probably not good for Barco to move to MLS, but I think playing in the US and specifically a place with lots of Spanish speakers is probably a good first move for adjusting to a different culture before pushing on to Europe.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

There's quite a few more too especially if the standard is to play in a top five league, and Atlanta has a few more players in particular who could. There's also many players like Dzemaili and Carmona who were certainly good enough to stay in Europe and chose not to. There's still bad players in MLS, but the overall point is there are a lot less than there used to be. It's probably not good for Barco to move to MLS, but I think playing in the US and specifically a place with lots of Spanish speakers is probably a good first move for adjusting to a different culture before pushing on to Europe.
I 100% agree. The players I listed though are ones who I personally feel have the potential to be big players in Europe. Especially Tyler Adams. But that’s another discussion. I really think that the youth that is coming through are going to be the turning point of this league. I’d like them to become a development league like Holland or Portugal and then from there they can gain more and more money and maybe get rid of a salary cap and go on to be known for their players.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I'm all for s***ting on crappy US cities like LA; but Atlanta's a lot of fun.
Yeah, but Atlantans don't go around blowing up other religion churches though, especially when Argentinians are not of that region.

True that, atlantan's just shoot up the churches of other races, like all americans...
Keep politics out of football! ☝️

And kill football? No thank you.

Keep politics in football!

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Dzemalli is going back to bologna. He despised his time in montreal and the mls

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

True that, atlantan's just shoot up the churches of other races, like all americans...

And kill football? No thank you.

Keep politics in football!

Not sure if you're serious, but politics should be kept out of football as much as possible. For example, nobody wants to see wars between two countries over football (Honduras & El Salvador) , team busses bombed (nobody really believes that he did it for a financial profit) or football players shot at for political reasons like what has happened in Germany recently.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure if you're serious, but politics should be kept out of football as much as possible. For example, nobody wants to see wars between two countries over football (Honduras & El Salvador) , team busses bombed (nobody really believes that he did it for a financial profit) or football players shot at for political reasons like what has happened in Germany recently.

Violence and politics are two different things, even if failures in the latter often lead to the former. But club's representing ideologies has also lead to many amazing moments of human kindness, inter-connectedness, and cross-barrier co-operation. We saw thousands upon thousands of disparate people from disparate backgrounds brought together by the beliefs that the club respresented to share in building Union's new stadium, or at christmas to sing carols together, or all of the fan-clubs (from clubs across germany) who put their members to work welcoming syrian refugees and helping them get settled, etc.

Without the ideology that bond loses its heart and so loses it's greatness, as well as it's ugliness...which my club has in its story as well (see the brawls with BFC Dynamo fans or the fights that some of our ultra's got sucked into with those thugs in Stockholm a few years ago)...I mean, nobody wants the entire sport to go the way of the EPL, do they?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
!

Pffft LA isn't a crappy city and if you think so you haven't been to the best parts of it. While the rest of the world is currently freezing it's 77 degrees here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pffft LA isn't a crappy city and if you think so you haven't been to the best parts of it. While the rest of the world is currently freezing it's 77 degrees here.

LA has so much going for it...except for an actual city...maybe it's cause I grew up between Berlin & Chicago, have loved NYC since my first visit; and spent time in SF before LA the first time I went. But every time I'm in LA something just doesn't feel right because there's no real downtown area that's the city center and heart of everything the way Manhattan is in New York or downtown is in Chicago.

Though last time I was there was fun, one of the bankers we were there with and I went off to drink & discuss my future since our meetings got cancelled, and man can those f***ers drink (and spend). After watching him need 5 minutes of refusing my help to figure out how the card to his hotel room worked, the bastard was up and working out an hour before I woke up with one of the worst hangovers I've had in years :laugh:

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LA has so much going for it...except for an actual city...maybe it's cause I grew up between Berlin & Chicago, have loved NYC since my first visit; and spent time in SF before LA the first time I went. But every time I'm in LA something just doesn't feel right because there's no really downtown area that's the city center and heart of everything the way Manhattan is in New York or downtown is in Chicago.

Chi-city is awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->