Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Jul 7, 2009
Paris united is saying there has been a meeting between Kante's agent and Antero Henrique.

Apparently it says Kante is reluctant to Return to Ligue 1 and money is not a determining factor to him. Just a bit of a translation someone posted on the reddit post.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Report in Der Spiegel based on Football Leaks that Madrid wanted to buyout Messi in 2013 before they signed Bale. They were going to offer over 20 million per season, offer his Dad some money and were going to pressure the government top drop his tax charges.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Report in Der Spiegel based on Football Leaks that Madrid wanted to buyout Messi in 2013 before they signed Bale. They were going to offer over 20 million per season, offer his Dad some money and were going to pressure the government top drop his tax charges.

Too good

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Russia would've been better... at least there's hope he could still nurture his talent. Both suck though. Argentineans and players in SA should strive for mid table clubs in Italy,Spain, Portugal, France or Germany.

German teams don't often spend the kind of money it takes to bring over the top SA prospects until those talents have played in europe. The culture clash can be a lot and the step up can be big, so for those bigger names who require double-digit millions; germany is not a realistic destination. Now for younger kids who are signing their first professional contracts like Villalba or Wendell it may be a nice option, but not for guys like Barco.
One of the best players in the world this season played in Egypt until he was 20 and Switzerland for a little while longer so I don't think a player should be written off like that just because of where they play.

Raffa was actually in switzerland from his early teens until his move to Hertha, so he never played in egypt...
From now on he'll use Fredinho on his jersey to make the transition easier for everyone involved. Pep knows. I like Fred a lot, he plays more up front than Fernandinho does for City, but he could work beautiful playing deeper. Lots of pace to burn to go along with good technique, dribbling and passing skills. Shakhtar is great at developing Brazilian players.

I totally forgot about him about the suspension for performance enhancers. This would be great news for BVB and their hopes of holding onto Weigl for another season.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure why everyone is ragging on this kid Barco for moving to the MLS? Don't they say playing time is the best thing for young players? He'll get that in spades in the MLS. The only leagues I could see him stepping into are Belgium or Switzerland but he wouldn't be getting paid like he will in the MLS. He could spend two years here playing a ton then make his big move across the pond.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal want to sell Sanchez for 35 million pounds and absolutely nothing less. Sounds like Arsenal are bluffing and are saying they don't mind losing Alexis on a free in summer. Rumours seem like Man City don't mind matching that offer, but so far nothing has come of it yet. Draxler has spoken to Arsenal, but Draxler said he's unsure if Arsenal will want to pay the money for him. Mahrez once again linked with Arsenal, Wenger mentioned him in his press conference personally. Arsenal also linked with Fekir (hahaha). Malcom is Arsenal's main target and the rumours are he can be had for 45 ****ing million pounds. Other rumours saying that Oezil is more and more likely to want to stay compared to a couple months ago.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It depends how long he's there. Because if he has a great two years there someone will immediately come to buy him. I don't think much of MLS as a league but I also don't think a player can't develop there. The team he's going to be on is pretty good and it is becoming clear that MLS teams are going to consistently try to buy these players away from SA now.

One of the best players in the world this season played in Egypt until he was 20 and Switzerland for a little while longer so I don't think a player should be written off like that just because of where they play.

Dare I say the likes of Egypt have better development programs than the US?

He would've been miserable in Russia.

He'd be comfortable with Argentina FC in Zenit.

German teams don't often spend the kind of money it takes to bring over the top SA prospects until those talents have played in europe. The culture clash can be a lot and the step up can be big, so for those bigger names who require double-digit millions; germany is not a realistic destination. Now for younger kids who are signing their first professional contracts like Villalba or Wendell it may be a nice option, but not for guys like Barco.

Argentinean cost peanuts... this Barco move is one of the bigger ones in recent memories. You have mediocre players like Oscar going for 30 mill in Brazil but studs like Ascacibar going for what 8 mill? I do agree though its one of the lesser options compared to others I mentioned.

Not sure why everyone is ragging on this kid Barco for moving to the MLS? Don't they say playing time is the best thing for young players? He'll get that in spades in the MLS. The only leagues I could see him stepping into are Belgium or Switzerland but he wouldn't be getting paid like he will in the MLS. He could spend two years here playing a ton then make his big move across the pond.

Because MLS is a shithole... He was a starter on his team in Argentina at 17 and one of their best players. Playing time is not the most important thing in a young players development.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Have you watched the mls. The quality of soccer is awful. Its a league where old European superstars come to die/make suitcases of cash.

It’s not a developmental league at all

Reactions: All Might

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Because MLS is a ****hole... He was a starter on his team in Argentina at 17 and one of their best players. Playing time is not the most important thing in a young players development.

Atlanta is probably one of the top franchises in the MLS already in terms of support staff, training, and coaching. Barco will be fine in the MLS for a season or two then move to Europe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Atlanta is probably one of the top franchises in the MLS already in terms of support staff, training, and coaching. Barco will be fine in the MLS for a season or two then move to Europe.
Being a top franchise in the MLS says very little. I said all I could but some here see the value of MLS while I see it as the equivalent of Canadian hockey prospect going to play in Denmark.

We'll see I guess. Hope I'm wrong and Barco continues to develop and fulfills his potential but I doubt it. Now I'm forced into watch that league argh.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando fighting it as they say he's under contract but it's a club-option year which FIFA refuses to recognize.

They aren't getting him for free, they'll have to pay some compensation. Orlando would've sold him in the summer rather than lose him for free but waited because they get a bigger cut if he finished the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad