Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

jniklast

Sep 28, 2007
:facepalm:
Indeed, wrong swiss goalie :shakehead

That fell flat... :laugh:

I was already wondering, because not even the biggest Dortmund homer would call Bürki world-class. He has at best been good, but overall the feeling is that he is probably not adequate for a team like Dortmund and I would tend to agree. So a new goalie certainly could be a possibility for an upgrade in the future, although I don't think Trapp is the answer.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I was already wondering, because not even the biggest Dortmund homer would call Bürki world-class. He has at best been good, but overall the feeling is that he is probably not adequate for a team like Dortmund and I would tend to agree. So a new goalie certainly could be a possibility for an upgrade in the future, although I don't think Trapp is the answer.

I don't think he's world class. More in the top 20 than top 10 among goalkeepers. I'm happy with him, though. I don't think they need an upgrade.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
still more than arsenal

It's actually not, as the link posted above indicated. Chelsea have spent a lot more than Arsenal, but they have also sold a lot more. Yes, the cash injections Abramovich made early on have benefited them since they can turn around and sell those players, but they haven't been big net spenders over the last few years.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It's actually not, as the link posted above indicated. Chelsea have spent a lot more than Arsenal, but they have also sold a lot more. Yes, the cash injections Abramovich made early on have benefited them since they can turn around and sell those players, but they haven't been big net spenders over the last few years.

I was thinking this summer specifically, but OK

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
According to Rai, basically every big team have inquired about Cavani.
Edo probably not working for them lol

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Exactly what Everton need - another player without any pace :laugh:

40m for a 30 year old Giroud would be complete madness. I don't mind Giroud, but he isn't that good and at 30 he will hardly have any resell value for Everton.

Everton need to take a deep breath. They bought enough. They failed, but now they just got to give players time to find themselves and each other before buying even more players. And if they buy - they got to buy someone with a bit of pace.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Everton are planning on writing a book about how to waste money from selling a top young talent, then they will be a bestseller.

Lukaku for Sigurdsson and Giroud would be hilariously bad for them.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The issue with Everton is that I doubt they can find a striker as good as that for the same price.

They should probably go bargain bin shopping for a guy who has fallen out of favor like Bacca. Or get lucky with one of those loans like they did with a young Lukaku.

But I can see why they'd want Giroud.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Inter are preparing a bid for Mesut Ozil.

Lol, even though I don't really fancy him at a player, this is quite hilarious. But hey he doesn't have a contract so it's more possible than him having an extension.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not that I think Inter would be a good move for Mesut, but the Serie A pace would be good for the bug-eyed maestro to finish out his career playing in...personally I'd love to see him join Napoli.

Mertens
Insigne - Mesut
Zielinski* - Hamsik
Jorginho*
Ghoulam - Koulibaly - Maksimovic - Hysaj
Reina
-------------------------------------
Insigne --- Mertens
Mesut
Zielinski* - Hamsik
Jorginho*
Reina
Insigne --- Mertens
Mesut - Hamsik
Zielinski* - Jorginho*
Reina
Mertens
Insigne - Mesut - Hamsik
Zielinski* - Jorginho*
Reina
----------------------------------------------------

Bench:
Milik || Ounas, Callejon, Leandrinho || Diawara*, Allan*, Rog || Rui, Giaccherini || Chiriches, Tonelli, Albiol

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Crazy rumour of the day? Lacazette will ask his friend Antoine Greizmann to come and join Arsenal. Hey, it's not impossible, he would be a perfect replacement to Alexis who wants to go to City and if it wasn't for the transfer ban, he would have already moved and to a EPL club. So it's not like either he wants to stay at Atletico.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Crazy rumour of the day? Lacazette will ask his friend Antoine Greizmann to come and join Arsenal. Hey, it's not impossible, he would be a perfect replacement to Alexis who wants to go to City and if it wasn't for the transfer ban, he would have already moved and to a EPL club. So it's not like either he wants to stay at Atletico.

No CL no chance of winning a domestic title and similar wages to what he getting now. I don't see him moving to Arsenal.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Impossible for the winter but there is a possibility in the summer. Griez LOVES Wenger.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol.

It's absolutely possible...

1) A French player getting to play for the most legendary manager France has ever produced (and I say this still as anti-Wenger).
2) A player who was about to move to the English Premier League; showing he's open to the league.
3) A player who can play on either wing as well as central forward, while our best LW will want a move out in winter.
4) A team who was about to spend 90 million pounds, can afford Greizmann who will cost less than Lemar.

So, it's absolutely possible and D2M after Lacazette's comments about him wanting to join a strictly "Champion's League" team shows that players are open if the situation makes sense. Of course D2M you bring solid arguments, but Griezmann to Arsenal make as much sense than him joining PSG for instance. If there is an non-CL, similar wage team he would go to, it would be Arsenal at the top. That doesn't mean he will join, just stating there is possibility. Of course these "I want my friend to come and join" never really happen as we saw with Vidal and Sanchez in the summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The most legendary coach France has ever produced is retired. His name is Guy Roux.
Griez won't cost less than Lemar. Expect 120 or something.
He's not going to PSG because he's not good enough to start there anymore.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The most legendary coach France has ever produced is retired. His name is Guy Roux.
Griez won't cost less than Lemar. Expect 120 or something.
He's not going to PSG because he's not good enough to start there anymore.

What about Albert Batteux (the Reims Manager), quite legendary from decades ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->