Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I am in no way a Ronaldo fan and I don't believe he was the best footballer last year, but he absolutely deserves all he's won with the exception of this won. He's definitely in Messi's class.

I am in no way a Messi fan but absolutely not. And he apparently told France Football “I don’t see anyone better than me. No player does things that I cannot do myself, but I see things others can’t do. There’s no more complete player than me. I’m the best player in history — in the good and the bad moments.” :confused:o_O:laugh:

As for why these two each won 5 when previous greats didn't, it was partly to play up a rivalry between them as Cristiano had to get a bunch of makeup trophies late in his career after Messi demolished him individually and with team success in the peak of their careers, partly because previous players had more injury issues that didn't allow them to stand out as long. Also, lol at Buffon on that list.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Mother of his children is from Madrid and now that they've split she went back to Spain??? Hmmm not as suspicious as you made it sound.

Courtois to Madrid
Oblak to Chelsea

E5

Courtois to Atletico as Oblak's backup

E5

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Domagoj Vida set to join Besiktas in the winter, he said goodbye the fans in Dynamo's recent EL fixtures. Apparently Everton are interested as well but he has chosen Besiktas

Jul 7, 2009
James Pearce said the rethoric has changed when it comes to couthino. Says it's now a question of when he moves to Spain and a 120 million offer would certainly be given more consideration.

NVM people are saying it's an opinion piece.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Coutinho goes, he goes, but they had better not sell him in January.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Coutinho won't be going in the winter but outside of winning the CL I doubt he finds a reason to stay come summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Coutinho won't be going in the winter but outside of winning the CL I doubt he finds a reason to stay come summer.
He can go in the summer. That’s fine and fair. Letting him go in January would be a horrendous decision though. Either way, they need a good plan to replace him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool should buy Ziyech as a replacement.
I like Ziyech, but if they are losing Coutinho, they are probably going to be "replacing" him with Keita. They may change the formation too. Depending on where they want to deploy Salah, will probably guide them where to spend most of that capital.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ziyech isn't good enough to replace Coutinho either. He's a creative player but he doesn't have the same low centre of gravity that allows him to play stronger than he is (he's pretty weak on the ball) and he's not exactly a big game performer.

If we're looking at Ajax it's Neres, Kluivert and van de Beek for me. That said we should be looking at players that are a bit more developed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ziyech isn't good enough to replace Coutinho either. He's a creative player but he doesn't have the same low centre of gravity that allows him to play stronger than he is (he's pretty weak on the ball) and he's not exactly a big game performer.

If we're looking at Ajax it's Neres, Kluivert and van de Beek for me. That said we should be looking at players that are a bit more developed.
I agree with the last sentence. They need someone established. I would be pretty upset if they went out and get more magic beans.

There are still a lot of variables though in terms of where that money would be best spent.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He'll join Madrid cause he doesn't like playing with Messi :sarcasm: can't see Juve letting him go. He'll probably stay there for a couple more seasons, probably gonna be Messi's replacement at NT and Barça.
Juve bend backwards for their star players. If he wants to go to Barca, I expect it to happen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
L’Equipe has Liverpool and Arsenal going back in for Lemar in January.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
L’Equipe has Liverpool and Arsenal going back in for Lemar in January.
Not surprised, Arsenal will sell Sanchez in January, will try to keep Oezil, and will have the funds for Lemar as an Alexis replacement. Rinse and repeat 3 years down the line.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not surprised, Arsenal will sell Sanchez in January, will try to keep Oezil, and will have the funds for Lemar as an Alexis replacement. Rinse and repeat 3 years down the line.
Yeah that’s Liverpool’s Coutinho replacement. We will see how it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad